Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
Human Resource Management: Linking Strategy to Practice
Human Resource Management Linking Strategy to Practice Author:Greg L. Stewart, Kenneth G. Brown Linking Strategy to Practice... — It is often said that "the people make the place, " which tells us that employees are the most important asset of any organization. Practices that help obtain and motivate employees are the core focus of human resource management, which is the field of study presented in this textbook. — Human resource Management:... more » Linking Strategy to Practice provides students with both an understanding of traditional human resource concepts and a framework for making decisions about when specific practices can be most beneficial to an organization. this link between strategy and practice is necessary for students to be able to learn how to correctly apply human resource tools to improve organizations.
* A Manager's Perspective - each chapter opens with a real-life scenario describing a decision faced by an individual employee, manager, or human resource professional.
* A Manager's Perspective Revisited - provides answers to the thought questions while emphasizing how the material covered in the chapter can help students build successful careers.
* Building Strength through HR - the opening section of each chapter includes a discussion that illustrates how a specific company has used the concepts discussed in the chapter to increase effectiveness.
* How Do We Know? - uses non-technical language to summarize research studies that have been published in scholarly journals.
* Technology in HR - describes how technological advances are affecting the field of human resource management.« less