- "MOST WANTED" by Lisa Scottoline (unabridged audio CD) (A+++++) Christine Nilsson and her husband, Marcus, are desperate for a baby. Unable to conceive, they find themselves facing a difficult choice they had never anticipated. After many appointments with specialists, endless research, and countless conversations, they make the decision to use a donor. Two months pass, and Christine is happily pregnant. But one day, she is shocked to see a young blond man on the TV news being arrested for a series of brutal murders - and the blond man bears an undeniable and uncanny resemblance to her donor. Delving deeper to uncover the truth, Christine must confront a terrifying reality and face her worst fears.
- "BIG SKY WEDDING" by Linda Lael Miller (Parable, Montana #5) (A+++++) Wedding bells are ringing in Parable Montana, but Brylee Parrish hasn't enjoyed the sound since being jilted at the altar by Hutch Carmody. She's over Hutch now, and running a multimillion-dollar business is challenging enough for this country gal., So she should avoid falling head-over-boot-heels for A-list actor Zane Sutton. He's come home to his rodeo roots, but Hollywood lured him away once and just might again. Yet everything about him, from his easy charm to his concern for his young half brother, seems too genuine to resist. Zane didn't come to Parable for love - but count on a spirited woman to change a jaded cowboy's mind. Problem is Brylee's not convinced he's here to stay. Good thing he's determined to prove to her, kiss by kiss, that she's meant to be his bride.
- "HOT IN HANDCUFFS" "ARRESTING DESIRE" by Shayla Black (A+++++) FBI Agent Jon Bocelli never stopped wanting beautiful professor Lucia DiStefano. She's intereste in taking her first lover and he intends to be that man. When her past puts her life in danger, Jon risks everything to save her and prove this fling is forever. "ON FIRE" by Sylvia Day (A++++++) When Deputy Marshal Jared Cameron investigates a series of arson attcks in a seaside town, the biggest blast of heat comes from sexy fire inspector Darcy Michaels - until their scorching after-hours affair is compromised by a secret from Darcy's past. "UNWILLING" by Shiloh Walker (A+++++) Mica Greer and her former lover, ex-FBI Agent Colby Mathis, once shared an intimate past and a powerful psychic gift. Now, they've been reunited by a bizarre series of murders - and an electrifying passion that could put them both in jeopardy.
- "ROUGH JUSTICE" by Sarah Castille (Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle Club #1) (A+++++) It takes a good, strong woman to tame a man who's hell on wheels. Raised in a motorcycle gang, tough, beautiful Arianne Wilder has always dreamed of a normal life. But no sooner does she escape her father's domineering grasp than she wakes up to find herself in a rival gang's clubhouse - at the mercy of the dangerously sexy Jagger Knight. The alpha leader of the notorious Sinner's Tribe, Jagger Knight is all muscle, all biker and all man. But somwhere inside this hard, tattoed outlaw, Arianne senses a kindred spirit - and she's can't ignore their tempestuous attraction. Can she beat him at his own game in a revved-up blaze of glory? Or will their passion spark a war that's the end of the road for them both.
- "SANTA, HONEY" "HO, HUMBUG, HO" by Kate Angell (Richmond Rogues #4.5) (New Author For Me) (A+++++) Forced into a scratchy white beard and a red velvet suit two sizes too small, hotshot ballplayer Alex Boxer knows his goose is cooked when the woman supervising his community service turns out to be cute as a Christmas elf but channelling the nutcracker. "NAUGHTY OR NICE" by Sandra Hill (A++++) Anyone can hold up a convenience store on Christmas Eve. But to do it impersonating Santa Claus, on behalf of a nun, handcuffed to a gorgeous hostage - that takes brass...bells. "CHRISTMAS UNPLUGGED" by Joy Nash (A+++++) Two sisters, plus two brothers, plus one romantic Christmas weekend at Dutch Lodge with zero electricity. It all adds up to a sleigh load of mix-ups, breakups and happily-ever-after hookups.
- "LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER" by Suzanne Brockmann (unabridged audio CD) (A++++) FBI agent John Miller was on the trail of a notorious female serial killer, and he couldn't blow his cover to anyone. Not even the beguiling Mariah Carver, who had unwittingly entangled herself in a web of deadly deceit. The daring lawman couldn't deny his feelings for Mariah, but he was poised to wed another woman: the ruthless Black Widow, who marries - then murders - her victims.
- "INTO THE FURY" by Kat Martin (Boss, Inc. #1) (A++++) A bodyguard, a bounty hunter, a P.I. - the men of Brodie Operations Security Service, Inc. are down for the job. Sinners, whores and sluts betware - your time is at hand: a faceless menace is threatening lingerie models on a cross country tour and Ethan Brodie is there to defend and protect. Ethan's learned the hard way that beauty is no substitute for character. So even though Valentine Hart is one of the most breathtaking women he's ever seen, he's keeping his hands off and his eyes open. Or that's what he tells himself. Then one of the models is murdered, and the closer Ethan gets to the answers, the closer he finds himself to Valentine - and the hotter the pressure feels. There's more to Val - more to the other girls - than he could have guessed. But one is keeping a secret that could kill them all.
- "CHRISTMAS IN JULY" by Debbie Mason (Christmas, Colorado #2) (A+++++) Finding love again calls for a little Christmas magic. Grace Flaherty had given up hope of ever seeing her husband again. Afer all, it'd been over a year since he went missing in combat. So when he strides through the door of her bakery in downtown Christmas one sunny afternoon, she can hardly believe her eyes. But her happily-ever-after is going to take some effort - because Jack has no memory of his family. All Jack Flaherty remembers about Christmas is that he couldn't wait to leave town. Now he's a local hero with a wife and son he doesn't know. Even as he struggles to rekindle the romance with his wife, he knows in his heart he wants: a second chance at love.
- "THE SILENT SISTER" by Diane Chamberlain (Riley MacPherson #1) (A++++++) Riley MacPherson is returning to her childhood home in North Carolina: a place that holds cherished memories. While clearing out the house she finds a box of old newspaper articles - and a shocking family secret begins to unravel. Riley has spent her whole life believing that her older sister Lisa died tragically as a teenager. But now she's starting to uncover the truth. Her life has been built on a foundation of lies, told by everyone she loved. Lisa is alive. Alive and living under a new identity. But why exactly was she on the run all those years ago, and what secrets are being kept now? As Riley tries to separate reality from fiction, her discoveries call into question everything she thought she knew about her family.
- "THE BRIDEGROOM" by Linda Lael Miller (Stone Creek #5) (A++++) Undercover agent Gideon Yarbro is renowned for stopping outlaws almost before they commit a crime. But now he must stop a wedding - despite the bride's resistance, Lydia Fairmont will lose everything if she doesn't honor her betrothal to a heartless banker. Unless she marries someone else instead...whether it's a love match or not. Determined to honor his own decade-old promise to help Lydia, Gideon carries her off to Stone Creek and makes her his reluctant wife. Forgt a honeymoon for "show" - not with a vengeful ex-fiance on their trail and a hired gun on the loose. But there just might be hope for the marriage...and two hearts meant for each other.
- "ASHES TO ASHES" by Tami Hoag (Kovac and Liska #2) (abridged audio CD) (A++++) Two hard-boiled cops dare cross the thin and dangerous line that separates good and evil as they risk their lives to investigate the suspicious death of one of their own. Sorry. The single word was written on the mirror. In front of it hung the body of Andy Fallon, a Minneapolis Internal Affairs cop. Was it suicide? Or a kinky act turned tragic accident? Together with his partner, the wisecracking, ambitious Nikki Liska, Sam Kovac digs at the too-neat edges of Fallon's death, uncovering one motive and one suspect after another. The shadows of suspicion fall not only on the city's power elite, but into the very heart of the police department. Unfortunately, neither Kovac nor Liska believes Fallon died by his own hand - accidentally or otherwise. As the case unfolds, it seems more and more likely that his death is somehow tied to his work. The question is whether he was killed for a case two months old - the murder of a gay patrol officer - or a case twenty years closed - the one that made Fallon's father a paraplegic. As Kovac and Liska dig deeper, they find their careers and lives on the line, because a killer wants the truth left dead and burried. Ashes to Ashes. Dust to Dust.
- "IRRESISTIBLE FORCE" by D.D. Ayres (New Author For Me) (K9-Force Rescue #1) (A+++++) When adrenaline runs high, so does the force of desire...For Shay Appleton, it's love at firs sight when a gorgeous stray dog is brought into the animal shelter where she works. She just knows he'll make a terrific watch dog - and with an abusive ex who won't let go, she needs all the protection she can get. But Shay never suspected that her new pet is actually a trained police K-9 named Bogart - until Bogart's even more gorgeous, human partner shows up on her doorstep. Officer James Cannon is one tall, strong alpha male who's convinced that Shay stole his dog. But once he gets closer to the suspect, he realizes that this stubborn, independent woman not only needs a guard dog, she needs James as well. It seems that someone from her past is stalking her and threatening her life. When danger meets desire, will James risk his career and his best friend...to protect the woman who's stolen his heart?
- "BEACH RENTAL" by Grace Greene (Emerald Isle: Barefoot #1) (New Author For Me) (A++++++) On North Carolina's Crystal Coast, in the town of Emerald Isle...Juli Cooke, hard-working and getting nowhere, marries a dying man, Ben Bradshaw, for a financial settlement, not expecting he will set her on a journey of hope and love. The journey brings her to Luke Winters, a local art dealer, but Luke resent the woman who married his sick friend and warns her not to hurt Ben - and he's watching to make sure she doesn't. Until Ben dies and the stakes change. Framed by the timelessness of the Atlantic Ocean and the brilliant blue of the beach sky, Juli struggles against her past, the opposition of Ben's and Luke's families, and even the living reminder of her marriage, to build a future with hope and perhaps to find the love of her life - if she can survive the danger from her past.
- "A MATCH FOR MIKE" by Jason T. Caffney with Ed Gaffney (California Comedy #2) (A+++++) Attorney Mike Davis has just about everything he's ever wanted - a great job and a beautiful condo in LA. Basically, he's all set - except for the fact that romance disappeared from his life some years ago and hasn't been heard from since,. So when a work assignment brings him to the mountain resort town of Dancing Elk, the home of his estranged childhood crush, Mike expects his nonexistent love-life to go from bad to awkward mess. Handyman and amateur photographer Jeremy Scholfield grew up in sleepy Dancing Elk and got used to being left behind when vacations ended and the visiting families went back home., As a child, Jeremy lived for the long, lazy summer days when his best friend Mike was in town. Mike was his match in many ways - he'd even learned sign language to community with Jeremy, who is deaf. But the year they turned seventeen, both Jeremy and Mike fell under the spell of the same boy and, at the end of that summer, when Mike left, he left for good. But now Mike's back, and he surprises Jeremy by asking for his help in repairing an important client's estate. When the two old friends work side-by-side, sparks fly and passion ignites as a kamikaze bat, a collapsing floor, a stray alpaca and an elderly woman with the worst plumbing in California conspire to bring them back together.
- "ONCE A RANCHER" by Linda Lael Miller (Carsons of Mustang Creek #1) (A+++++) The Carons of Mustang Creek: three men who embocy the West and define what it means to be a rancher, a cowboy and a hero. Slater Carson might be a filmmaker by trade, but he's still a cowboy at heart - and he knows the value of a hard day's work under the hot Wyoming sun. So when he sees troubled teen Ryder heading down a dangerous path, he offers the boy a job on the ranch he shares with his two younger brothers. And since Ryder's guardian is the gorgeous new Mustang Creek resort manager, Grace Emery, Slater figures it can't hurt to keep a closer eye on her, as well. Grace Emery doesn't have time for romance. Between settling into her new job and caring for her ex-husband's rebellious son, her attraction to larger-than-life Slater is a distraction she can't afford. But when an unexpected threat emerges, she'll discover just how far Slater will go to protect what matters most - and that love is always worth fighting for.
- "TWO TIMES AS HOT" by Cat Johnson (Oklahoma Nights #2) (A+++++) One good girl...After her sister snags a hot Oklahoma cowboy, Emma Hart figures it's her turn to saddle up. And with two country boys pursuing her at once, she's in for a wild ride. Two sexy guys...Lieutenant Colonel Logan Hunt can't deny the heat between him and Emma is fierce. But Logan isn't looking for anything serious. So why is he crazy jealous when he sees pro bull ride Jace Mills trying to charm Emma into bed? Winner takes all...Logan knows he and Emma could have something special - he just has to find a way to prove that even a no-strings-attached guy like him can stick around for the long haul.
- "TAKE ME ALL THE WAY" by Toni Blake (Coral Cove # 3) (A+++++) You can't go too far when you're fighting for love. Tamra Day swore off men a long time ago. Her art, her friends and her garden have always been enough...until now. Suddenly, Tamra is aching for a connection. Unfortunately, Coral Cove's most eligible bachelor is the troublemaker who's building the mini-golf course she's designing. Brusque and sarcastic, he's made a habit of annoying Tamra. But more infuriating is the fact that Tamra can't help noticing how sexy he is. They call him a war hero, but Jeremy Sheridan knows better. Still haunted by painful memories from Afghanistan, he's hoping for a new start. So far, the only problem is his new boss, Tamra, a control freak who's easy on the eyes - and way too fun to tease. Despite their differences, Tamra and Jeremy aren't as alone as they think they are. And together, with a little Coral Cove magic, they'll discover how good it feels to embrace a bright new future.
- "DOGWOOD HILL" by Sherryl Woods (Chesapeake Shores #12) (A++++++) When former pro football quarterback Aiden Mitchell comes to Chesapeake Shores to take a high school coaching job, he's embraced by the town - especially the O'Briens. But Aidan has a secret that could alter all their lives. For wounded Liz March, who's trying for a fresh start after a devastating betrayal, taking a chance on Aidan may be more than she can handle. Her heart, however, refuses to listen to her head. But just when forever seems within reach, Aidan's secret threatens to change everything. Does this tempting stranger who's made her feel alive have the power to convince her to look beyond the past and reach for the future?
- "STARLIGHT ON WILLOW LAKE" by Susan Wiggs (Lakeshore Chronicles #11) (A++++++) Faith McCallum is determined to rebuild her shattered life and give her two daughters a chance at a better future. Caring for her sharp-tongued new client, Alice Bellamy, is definitely a challenger, but it's Alice's charismatic son, Mason, who truly leaves Faith at a loss for words. Mason Bellamy longs to escape the family mansion and return to his fast-paced, exciting life in Manhattan...and his beautiful, jet-setting fiancee. But when Faith makes a chilling discovery about Alice's acident, Mason is forced to reconsider his desire to keep everyone, including his mother, at a distance. Now he finds himself wondering if the supercharged life he's created for himself is what he truly wants...and whether exploring his past might lead to a new life - and lasting love - on the tranquil shores of Willow Lake.
CURRENTLY READING -
- "The Round House" by Louise Erdrich
- "Light the Stars" by RaeAnne Thayne (Cowboys of Cold Creek #1)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Return to Sullivan's Island" by Dorothea Benton Frank (Lowcountry Tales #6) (Listening using an Audible app on my cell phone)
- "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire (Beautiful #1) (New Author For Me)
Last Edited on: 12/31/16 4:34 PM ET - Total times edited: 36