Discussion Forums - USPS Postal Regulations USPS Postal Regulations

Topic: insufficient postage

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Subject: insufficient postage
Date Posted: 4/30/2015 4:22 PM ET
Member Since: 2/26/2009
Posts: 37,921
Back To Top

 I had a pkg of books I mailed media and it was returned to me saying I owed 48 cents for postage.

Can I just add a stamp to the pbs label already on the pkg or do I have to print a new label with a different dc number?  and since the return to sender  label is big can I just reprint the same label (if I can reprint after it was already mailed?

Date Posted: 4/30/2015 11:39 PM ET
Member Since: 12/28/2006
Posts: 14,177
Back To Top

You should be able to just add the requested 48 cents, but you might double check...PO sometimes returns packages incorrectly.

If you prefer a clean label, you can reprint the existing one (and add 48 cents).

Either way, consider letting the receiver know there has been a delay and the book is back in the mail.

Date Posted: 5/1/2015 9:03 AM ET
Member Since: 1/23/2014
Posts: 889
Back To Top

Last Edited on: 7/15/17 11:54 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Date Posted: 5/1/2015 10:59 AM ET
Member Since: 6/30/2008
Posts: 3,413
Back To Top

best to call your post office and ask what to do. If the label that was on the package has been stamped by the p o then the original postage may be used and you may have to start over and buy postage for the package.