Search - List of Books by John G. Taylor
John Gerald Taylor
Total Books: 27
, born 1931, gained a PhD from Christ's College, Cambridge (1950-1956). He has had a wide ranging academic career in mathematical physics and artificial intelligence. He is currently Emeritus Professor and Director of the Centre for Neural Networks at King's College London and Guest Scientist of the Research Centre at the Institute of Medicine in Jülich, Germany. His previous positions and interests, while still at Kings College, were in mathematics and physics. He is the author of many popular books.
John Taylor also trained as an actor and has performed in plays and films, written several science fiction plays as well as directing stage productions in Oxford and Cambridge.
He is author of the following books:
- The Mind: A User's Manual, (2006), ISBN 0470022221.
- Neural Networks and the Financial Markets Predicting, Combining, and Portfolio Optimisation (2002), ISBN 1852335319
- The Race for Consciousness (1999), ISBN 0262201151.
- The Promise of Neural Networks (Perspectives in Neural Computing), (1993), ISBN 3540197737.
- Science and the Supernatural: An Investigation of Paranormal Phenomena Including Psychic Healing, Clairvoyance, Telepathy, and Precognition by a Distinguished Physicist and Mathematician (1980), ISBN 0851171915
- Superminds: An Enquiry into the Paranormal (1975), ISBN 0333177010
- New Worlds in Physics (1974), ISBN 0571102581
- Black Holes: The End of the Universe? (1973), ISBN 0380003279
- The New Physics (1972), ISBN 0465050662
- The Shape of Minds to Come (1971), ISBN 0718107888