Search - List of Books by John Whiting
"PAYE means pay as you earn but it could also mean Pretty Accurate Yet Estimated." -- John Whiting
Total Books: 23
John Robert Whiting
- For an American sociologist and anthropologist, see John Whiting
(15 November 1917 — 16 June 1963) was an English dramatist and critic.
Born in Salisbury, England, he was educated at Taunton School. His works include:
- A Penny for a Song. A play (1951)
- Marching Song. A play (1953)
- The Gates of Summer. A play (1956)
- The Devils. A play (1960) based on the book The Devils of Loudun by Aldous Huxley
Whiting died from cancer in London, England at the age of 45.
In 1965, the John Whiting Award was established to commemorate the writer's contribution to post-war British theatre.