Karen's Favorite Apple Pie
||Tarts & Pies
||5 / 10
4 1/2 cups - granny smith apples
3 TBSP - Lemon Juice
1/4 cup - sugar (or Splenda)
1/3 cup - packed light brown sugar (or brown Splenda)
1/2 tsp - salt
2 tsp - cinnamon
1/2 tbsp - corn starch
2 tbsp - butter
1/2 tsp - cloves
Preheat oven 350
take out pie shells to thaw
1. Combine peeled and cored apples, lemon juice, sugar, salt, cinnamon and cloves- let stand for about 30 minutes.
2. strain apples (reserve liquid)
3. toss apples in corn starch before placing in pie shell
4. Bring reserved liquid juice to a syrup
5. Add Butter to syrup, stiring until melted
6.Pour Syrup over apples
7 Roll out second pie shell.
(For a extra special treat take a 1/2 stick of butter and cut cinnamon sugar into the mixture. It should look like the stuff in canned cinnamon rolls. Take the mixture and sprinkle on the crusts and press gently enough that it will not break the shells
This pie taste like apple butter filling w/ apples.
Bake 60 minutes or until bubbly