Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Bk 3)
The Last Straw - Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Bk 3 Author:Jeff Kinney Middle-schooler Greg Heffley nimbly sidesteps his father's attempts to change Greg's wimpy ways until his father threatens to send him to military school.
Melinda W. reviewed The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Bk 3) on
Helpful Score: 3
These books are great. Though, they are written for kids, there is quite a bit of humor that an adult can also appreciate. My nine year-old son and I love this series. There is enough bathroom humor to keep him entertained and the doodles are quite funny as well.
This isn't a bad series, but I suggest reading the online version that it is based on. The online version is less censored, has more interesting and funnier plotlines, and is generally better. Go to http://www.funbrain.com/journal/Journal.html?ThisJournalDay=1&ThisPage=1 for it.
* Really quick read
* Cartoons are always comical.
* Shows Greg is really starting to grow up and get new interests.
* Is perfect for everyone, especially for a little light reading.
* This was not as funny as the last two
* There is no real change in any of the other characters, so the same jokes have been told before.
* There are a lot of things that happen within this novel that mean absolutely nothing.
* He is extremely self-absorbed and therefore we have a limited view of everything that happens around him, I think that the more this series continues the less connection most boys will have with him.