Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Login issue

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
debs avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: Login issue
Date Posted: 1/2/2017 4:52 PM ET

I tried to login today using my email address and my password, and the login failed.  Tried on my laptop and my cell phone and they both failed.

Then I tried logging in using my Nickname and my password.  The login (using nickname only) was successful on the same machines that it had previously failed on.

Have sent TPTB feedback.

classicana avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 1/2/2017 5:10 PM ET

That's very weird, Debbie.  I haven't experienced any problems -- Have you heard back from anyone?  Sometimes they try to check back but nothing shows in the PBS system. 

For about 6 mos. I couldn't access B&N website - tried many different things, but my computer was simply blocked (others on my network had no problem).  I would routinely try to access it about once a week, and then one day it just opened right up like it always had before.  My nephew is heavy-duty techie and he never could figure out what caused it or what cleared it up! 

I think it must be artificial intelligence just messin' with us!   Lol

debs avatar
Book Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/2/2017 6:20 PM ET

I'll post here if they respond.

debs avatar
Date Posted: 1/3/2017 2:24 PM ET

Oh my gosh, I am such a dope!! Forehead slap!  I recently changed my email setting at PBS because my yahoo email stopped getting club communications.  Forgot to update my auto-password login.  TPTB told me to try using my new email addr and of course it worked.  How embarassing.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 1/3/2017 8:16 PM ET

I'm sure you're not the first person who has made such a mistake.  (Whispering:  I've done similar things.)

classicana avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 1/3/2017 8:52 PM ET

Oh Deb!  Bless you for admitting it!  I'm sure each and every one of us has done that at some time, whether we want to admit it or not ...  LOL

eta:  Yes, I have. blush

Last Edited on: 1/3/17 8:53 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
debs avatar
Date Posted: 1/4/2017 6:00 AM ET

Thanks y'all.  Glad to know I'm not alone!  smiley