Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - 2009 Resolutions

Topic: I lost over113 lbs and >36 inches sinceSept. 2008 and still losing weight

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: I lost over113 lbs and >36 inches sinceSept. 2008 and still losing weight
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 10:49 AM ET

I shall continue what I call the "Take Back My Health" program which resulted in over  113 lbs.

weight loss last September 11th and  over 36 inches off my bust, arms, waist, hips, and thighs without surgery of any kind. 

I started at 410 lbs. and now I am  under 299 and well on my way to optimal health, and I

have been been working out at the gym.  Six weeks into the program my doctor

cut my Blood pressure medication dosage in half, and my Cholesterol  dropped 20 points and myTriglycerides and

blood work looks great!

I plan to be closer to a healthier weight and plan to be totally off Blood pressure

medication by the end of 2009. In addition, I plan to finish my Science Degree by

May 2009 and to have more financial freedom  in 2009. Finally, I plan to have a more

intimate and closer relationship with Christ, which can only help me in all my relationships

and strengthen me to fulfill his plans for my life and to help others along the way.

Vivian Threadgill

For more info  on the weight loss program, you can contact me at: Vviviann2@Gmail.com                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Here you can checkout some weight loss pictures of me and my friends for these two websites:

http://sites.google.com/site/vivianthreadgill

Checkout the Videos and the Gallery Here:

www.VivianThreadgill.com

Last Edited on: 9/5/09 8:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 32
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Congratulations!
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 11:21 AM ET

Congratulations on your weight loss and I hope you keep your resolution to continue getting to a healthy weight. Your resolution to move into a closer relationship with Christ is a great resolution we should have each and every year.

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Thanks Cindy
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 11:38 AM ET

I appreciate your comment Cindy.

I started the weight loss phase of my goals in September of last years, my other goals are on going over the years.

I decided alone time ago I wanted to be healthy; spirit, soul, and body. It is the body that I decided it was time to stop putting it off and own it by doing something about it.

Vivian

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Huge congratulations!!!!
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 11:48 AM ET

I really, really admire what you've accomplished so far, not just with the actual weight loss, but the shift in mindset. You're a total inspiration!

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Thank Lesley
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 12:00 PM ET

It was my weight that held me back from achieving my fullest potential,

so I could not just diet because diets don't work permanently, I needed

to totally change my lifestyle concerning food and what I thought about it and how

I allow it to affect my decisions.

Vivian

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Support
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 6:22 PM ET

Your encouraging comments and support are appreciated!!!

Vivian

jrfaulkner8 avatar
Subject: Alright! You go girl!
Date Posted: 1/6/2009 9:50 PM ET

I'm SOOOO Happy for you! you go girl! I'm 100% behind you. Heck I'll even join you!

I currently weigh in at 273. All thanks to a very BAD thyroid and doctors who didn't want to listen to me. Instead I was the fat women who need to "Watch what you eat". So my goal is a two part goal. The first lose 75 and break the 200 pound mark. Then get myself back down to 150 pounds. It's going to be tough now that I don't have a thyroid (metabolism is controlled by the thyroid so I’m always exhausted) but I can do it.  

Pedoozle avatar
Subject: Way to go!!!
Date Posted: 1/8/2009 11:38 AM ET

You're doing great...I have faith that you will reach your goals! Have a great year!

Janice

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Thanks
Date Posted: 1/8/2009 11:49 PM ET

I really appreciate your encouraging comments and support.

Thanks JR F. and Janice.

JR F. you are so worth the extra care and time that you take for your health.

I plan to have a FANTASTIC ON PLAN YEAR!

Vivian

carolceltic avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 1/11/2009 7:49 PM ET

good for you . i have 85 pound to lose proud of you

Last Edited on: 1/11/09 7:49 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Bama-Booklover avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 1/18/2009 10:47 PM ET

Great job!!  I work in healthcare and see a lot of people going the surgery route, when I dont think they need it.......My coworker like you lost 70 lbs without surgery............I know you feel better..........

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Weight Loss Journey
Date Posted: 2/4/2009 6:30 PM ET

I will continue to update my results, because I am still loosing the weight and counting down the pounds.

I am so ever glad that I started.  GO MEEEE!!!!!!

Last Edited on: 3/4/09 9:56 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Update
Date Posted: 3/26/2009 10:37 PM ET

I lost a total of 36 inches off my bust, arms, waist, hips, and thighs in 7 months.

Page5 avatar
Date Posted: 4/7/2009 12:56 PM ET

Congrats on your weight loss Vivian!

Your success is motivating me to get back on my weight loss program. I lost 25 pounds last year but have been lax the past few months. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Weight Loss update
Date Posted: 5/9/2009 2:06 PM ET

99 pounds lost so far and counting down!!!!!!

Sorry, I could not wait  to announce it until I reached a hundred pounds lost because I am so excited.

Vivian Threadgill

romabellaroma avatar
Date Posted: 5/23/2009 7:23 PM ET

Vivian

Congratulations! 

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 8/4/2012 8:01 PM ET

What is happening today August 4, 2012. Where are the updates?