Make Your Child a Straight A Student Author:M Press Parents are teachers! As a parent, you are responsible for your child's education. This statement incited controversy at many PTA meetings across the country. Yet, when you consider that during the first five years of life, your child learns about ninety percent of all he or she will ever learn, the importance of quality parental teaching become... more »s startlingly plain.
Parents are not merely the first teachers; they are, by far, the most important!
Formal schooling amounts to only about 13% of your child's waking hours in the first eighteen years. That leaves 87% of your child's time under your parental influence. As much as 1/2 the difference in student grades and test scores is directly attributable to parent participation in learning-related activities at home.« less