Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Cannot Make a List

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: Cannot Make a List
Date Posted: 5/30/2017 9:43 PM ET

I have tried several times over the last few weeks to make a list of my wishlisted books.  It doesn't work.  I type in the ISBN and then search.  Most of the time the book will show but not always.  But when I click on add to the list it never does it.

Am I the only one having this problem?

soelo avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/30/2017 10:20 PM ET

I just made a test list and was able to add 3 books to it. When you pick "+Booklist", do you get a popup that lists all of your Book Lists and has a button next to each one? The button says "Add to Book List" If you aren't getting that popup, that may be the problem.

soelo avatar
Date Posted: 5/30/2017 10:22 PM ET

If you are getting the popup and it still doesn't work after you press the button, I would send in Feedback. PBS doesn't read the posts on the forum very much.

lionrose avatar
Date Posted: 5/30/2017 11:30 PM ET

I have a few lists and tried to add to them. I can search by ISBN and find a book I want to add, but the 'add to list' button is greyed out. Searching by anything other than ISBN yields no results on that page.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 5/30/2017 11:57 PM ET

I don't see a popup.  I have tried going to my list by clicking on it at my profile and by clicking on My Book Lists  under the headings at the top under Community.  Same deadend when I get to the Add To List part.  yes, it is greyed out. 

soelo avatar
Date Posted: 5/31/2017 10:32 PM ET

I'm using Firefox - what browser are you using?

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/1/2017 3:30 PM ET

I have been also trying to add/remove books from my lists on my profile page and the system will not let me.. I just sent a pm to the contact us links.

lionrose avatar
Date Posted: 6/1/2017 8:24 PM ET

I wrote to PBS and this is the response I received, with a work-around to add books to a list:

Thanks for writing in. We're very sorry you are having this trouble! Yes, there's an issue with adding books to a Book List *from the list itself* right now. We do hope to have things back to normal soon!

In the meantime, you can add to your Book Lists by going to the Book Details page and using the "+Book List" item in the More Options menu there. That means you would (1) search for the book's ISBN using the site search box at the top of the page (2) On the Book Details page for that ISBN, click More Options and choose "+ Book List" from the menu and (3) select the list you want to add the item to.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience!

Thanks,

The PaperBackSwap Team
www.PaperBackSwap.com

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/1/2017 8:28 PM ET

I contacted them also and got the same response so I won't copy it.  I haven't tried the work-around yet.  I use Firefox.

lionrose avatar
Date Posted: 6/1/2017 9:29 PM ET

Work-around is successful.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/2/2017 6:05 PM ET

Sarah . L

Thanks so much for sharing that info...it worked    I went to book details , and did what you said...

yes     it is much easier this way.

Last Edited on: 6/2/17 6:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
rissycloud avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 6/5/2017 8:07 PM ET

Thank you so much for posting the work around... I was worried I wouldn't be able to update my MWL.

rissycloud avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 6/5/2017 11:08 PM ET

Ok so I can add books to the list... but is anyone else having trouble changing the order of the books on the list?

I keep trying to change the order of the books on my most wanted list and it just isn't working right.  Thanks if anyone has any ideas.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 6/7/2017 5:40 PM ET

I am having trouble moving the books around on the list as well.  Very frustrating.