The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance Author:Trisha Telep (Editor) The biggest names in paranormal romance have created a fascinating array of 30 short stories of hot blood and inhuman passions that will leave you thirsting for more. — Authors include: Sherri Erwin, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Jenna Black, Jenna Maclaine, Raven Hart, Delilah Devlin, Keri Arthur, Kimberly Raye, Alexis Morgan, Lilith Saintcrow, C.T. Adams... more », Cathy Clamp, Susan Sizemore, Dina James, Colleen Gleason, Barbara Emrys, Savannah Russe, Shiloh Walker, Vicki Pettersson, Rebecca York, Rachel Vincent, Amanda Ashley, Karen Chance, and Nancy Holder.
These ain't your mother's vampires!
* Fade to Black by Sherri Erwin
* Ode to Edvard Munch by Caitlin R. Kiernan
* Fangs for Hire by Jenna Black
* The Righteous by Jenna Maclaine
* Knowledge of Evil by Raven Hart
* Viper’s Bite by Delilah Devlin
* Dreams by Keri Arthur
* Love Bites by Kimberly Raye
* What’s at Stake? by Alexis Morgan
* Coming Home by Lilith Saintcrow
* To Ease the Rage by C. T. Adams and Cathy Clamp
* Dancing with the Star by Susan Sizemore
* Play Dead by Dina James
* In Which a Masquerade Ball Unmasks an Undead by Colleen Gleason
* A Temporary Vampire by Barbara Emrys
* Overbite by Savannah Russe
* Hunter’s Choice by Shiloh Walker
* Remember the Blood by Vicki Pettersson
* The Sacrifice by Rebecca York
* The Midday Mangler Meets His Match by Rachel Vincent
Okay...I'm not really all that sure that I got what I hoped for out of this one. A lot of the short stories in here need a bit more polishing and there's not a whole lot of romance here. I feel like these Vampire stories are more of the vampires that are "hired killers", or "recluses"...but really none of the romance I am used to getting with JR Ward, The Twilight Series, or really any of the hot steamy vampire romances. There were a few in here I felt SO bored with I actually just skipped through most of them!
In the past I tried another "Mammoth Book of"...and they're really not all they're cracked up to be. I'd pass on this one if I were you!
Bob S. (Slab) reviewed The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance on
3 member(s) found this review helpful.
You've got dentists, cops, nobility, among the other more "mundane" types of vamps. Some of the stories are uber predictable while some go off on tangents. All in all it is a good read and will get you wanting to read full length stories from some of the authors.
Ok, so I am partial to one of the stories in particular (won't say which one, but the author starts with "D" and ends in "ina James"- cause she's my wife), but saying that, there are many interesting takes on the whole vampire genre.
Romance? Yeah not so much. When I purchased I expect it to be aleast somewhat smutty. Some stories don't even get to that. It's insane. However, some stories are still good stories. I just wished I could have gotten it on here and not paid the money I paid for it. Hope the next person that gets it enjoys it more than I did.