Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ****March I Wish, I Wish, Wishes I Can Grant Thread*******

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Sheeplady avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Subject: ****March I Wish, I Wish, Wishes I Can Grant Thread*******
Date Posted: 2/28/2011 10:12 PM ET

This is where we post things we are looking for.

First:  Remember: this is the place to wish.  We all have wishes.  If you feel someone has asked for something too large, expensive or extravagant,   just ignore.  Please be kind.  Don't make someone feel badly.  None of us know someone else's circumstances, unless we ask...........................For those of us asking, let's remember this is  NOT a place to stock pantries, get all our presents for others, etc.  It's a place for members to wish for items for themselves and immediate family.

Here, you list a few things you like/collect/can use.  Obviously,  we all like certain things like  credits, wish-list books, etc. This is NOTfor that kind of thing.   This is for  things others might have around the house that you can use (for instance if you collect postcards, bookmarks, Coke codes, or if there's a candy you love you can't find in your area, etc).  **   Please remember that books, by title or genre, should not be requested in this forum(I Wish thread).  There may be other places for that.  If someone sends you a book, please receive it and thank the member sending it.

Please limit your list to about 10 items (Remember,  you can edit your list), and if someone PMs you for your address, please acknowledge and thank them when you receive whatever they send you.  There is a separate thank you thread so we can  keep this one clean and easy to read.   It can get jumbled and hard to read with extra clutter so if we can do our best to keep it to our requests and the rare bump, that would be awesome :)  It's important to thank everyone who send something either by PM and or the thank you thread so that we know the item arrived.

It's always good to check the RAOK thread before you post your wishes -someone may already have what you are looking for. (For those of you looking for them, coupons are offered on the RAOK  on a regular basis.)   There is now a separate coupon thread within the RAOK forum, if you wish to trade there.

If you post wishes, try to grant at least one wish yourself, so this place is not considered a "gimme" group,  where people post but don't send out.  PBS members can become good friends, don't abuse, please!  **NOTE:  Cathy W. (Firefly) collects cancelled postage stamps for charity.**

If you see a wish you are able to grant, just PM the poster and ask for their name and address - that's it, simple and easy and a lot of fun! 

Any questions, please PM and ask.

Last Edited on: 2/28/11 10:19 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/28/2011 10:14 PM ET

Happy March!

I would like each one of you to give yourself a huge high five, for all that you do.

And if you happen to have any crystals that you could send my way, I would appreciate it! Thank you.

Sheeplady avatar
Subject: Expired coupons
Date Posted: 2/28/2011 10:27 PM ET

Remember -

These members collect expired coupons  to send to military bases.   Coupons should be no more than 3 months past date, please.  Just PM them for their address and send a bunch when you can.  Much easier than posting here and waiting for someone to request them.   This is a great help to our military families.  (Only regular coupons, not those  for specific stores, please.)

Kimberly M. (nescioquis)

Lisa D. (tommygirl)

Cassie S. (cassie86) - Cassie just started doing this too

Thanks to Kim, Lisa and Cassie for their efforts.  Lisa tells me she mailed out an amazing $20,000 worth of coupons in 2010!!  If anyone else is doing this, please PM and we will add you to the list.

Last Edited on: 2/4/11 4:22 PM ET - Total times edited: 3

Litwolf avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/28/2011 11:08 PM ET

I am wishing for:

- Bandanas

- Fantasy Artwork, especially featuring dragons, faeries, centaurs, pheonix, sphinx; but anything fantasy related would be awesome (poster, postcard, sticker, old calendar, anything like that)

- Anything Digimon related: figures, cards, books, stickers, toys, anything like that. My little cousin has become obbsessed with Digimon: Digital Monsters recently and I wish to feed her addiction ;)

- Anything cross stitching related, but especially patterns

- Old board games: even if all the pieces might not be there, that's fine by me

Here's a long shot wish: I'm looking for an adult sized scientist/doctor white lab coat. It's part of a Halloween costume I want to put together for this coming October. What's important is that is has no name tag sewn into it. I've searched my Halloween stores and can only seem to find ones that have silly names on them like 'Love Doctor' and stuff like that.

Thanks guys!

aiken-vermont avatar
Subject: I am in need of a few items big and small....
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 12:19 AM ET

Toddler/My Baby...

I would not post a book if I was not in desperate need... I have a 17 month old (only 20 lbs) who has had issues and now that we have figured them out it is time to try to get him to gain weight and I am looking for the book:

Toddler Menus: A Mix-and-Match Guide to Healthy Eating:: Penny Preston, Penny Preston
ISBN-13:9781598695632 - ISBN-10:1598695630 - Book Type:Other

Puppets of any kind- finger, hand or string types- animals, people or strange things- in other words anything for my child.

Birthday wish...

PlayStation 3 or Xbox360 (PS3 or Xbox 360 does not have to work) I am hoping my husband can figure out how to fix it... he is pretty good at this type of thing. (willing to trade a credit to cover shipping cost if anyone can help with this big ticket item)

or

Used video game systems, games, parts and pieces for my 15 year old.

Community Garden....

Seeds and other gardening items for a community garden to help families with low income that I am starting this year....

Mom...

Nail dryers for pedi and manicures....

Unused nail polish... maybe left over from a make-up kit or something.

12 year old son...

Small legos mini figures, parts and peices for my 12 year old

10 year old son...

Matchbox or hotwheel cars for my 10 year old son (old ones where stolen)

Family...

Game parts and pieces.... we have and randomly get games and have to find pieces for them. Currently missing dice, timers, clue cards, odd 20 sided dice, score cards, rare killer bunny cards, other random pieces. Would also take whole games if someone had one to give.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and help.

OFFER...

*Digital copy of the highly demanded book:  "All new square foot garden" by MB Just PM me for the link.

mszcheysser avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 12:49 AM ET

Hi, Hi!

Thank you for looking. My wishes for the month:

• Blue Papermate Ballpen - the pen and the cover is fully blue. I been looking for this brand, but sadly . . I think they no longer sell this product in my area. :'(   -- Thank you Kim! 

• Hello Kitty ; I love Hello Kitty!
  • Scrap Book Stickers
  • Scentsy cheeky
  • Used/New Cat Toys, something that a cat would actually enjoy. My cat is half blind, and I am having a hard time finding a toy that would be fun for him since there's not a lot of choices where I am from.   THANK YOU JANET :)  
  • School supplies: Paper clips (Thank you Jamae), Post it notes (Thank you Kim!), Scotch Tape
  • Inspirational Book Marks, Posters, or Books :)
  • Penguin Plushes, Posters, E.T.C - anything dealing with penguins.

Thank you very much! :D

Last Edited on: 3/21/11 3:22 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
aiken avatar
Subject: Here it goes/this is what we need or wish 4
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 12:50 AM ET

Here it goes-

I am looking for the following items for myself or members of my family/household.

Spa or classical music for the wife. 

Craft items for the kids to use stickers, tie die kit items, fabric markers, large popsicle sticks (these are the really fat ones), beads, pipe cleaners, silly eyes... and such.  Thank you Nancy W. for the wonderful package.

Puppets of any kind- finger, hand or string types- animals, people or strange things- in other words anything for my child.

Hand massages-  it does not matter what shape or what it is made of just something I can use myself.

Murder Mystery Party Game for the wife and I to use with friends.

Computer copies of family games.

Marbles- any size, color or amount. I can't find any in the store... they claim their seasonal.

Potty training items- rewards and teaching aids for my tiny tot. 

TY 4 taking a peek 2 c if u can help!

4 you if you can use it-

*Coke coupons (buy 3 get a free sprite) or ($1.00 off 3 three liters or other # and sizes)

Last Edited on: 3/16/11 12:33 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
jasabangan avatar
Subject: My Wishes for March
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 12:59 AM ET

Hi, everyone! My wishes for this month are similar to the last:

- Blue-inked ballpoint pens.

- Construction paper of assorted colors.

- Any color yarn. I'm hoping to knit Christmas gifts for friends & family this year.

- Stitch markers for knitting. Somehow, these never make it to the arts & crafts stores here.

- Anything princess-related -- Disney, Cinderella, glittery, preferrably blue-themed. As you may have noticed, my favorite color is blue. ;D

- Used/New dog toys -- tennis balls, braided rope, rubber balls. My dog has strong jaws and chews through her toys before she's had them for a week. So they constantly need replacement.

- Rabbit body leash, size small.

Thank you, thank you!

Last Edited on: 3/2/11 9:26 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 1:47 AM ET

In reading all the forums, I have seen people discuss the bookmates/openpage covers.  I would love a tradesize since I have been accumulating a lot of tradesize since joining pbs.  I know it's a longshot, but you never know.

***If anyone makes cloth bookcovers, I would love a betty boop, comedy and tragedy  (masks) or celestial tradesize.   (or solid color- not green, yellow or orange please)***

comedy/tragedy stickers

pepsi coupons

tropicana o j coupons

magnetic bookmarks

Last Edited on: 3/12/11 3:08 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
schnauzer-mom avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 6:45 AM ET

Bookmarks, any kind, which I seem to have run out of. Do I have THAT many books started?   Thanks.

Sheeplady avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 8:15 AM ET

The Sheeplady is always looking for the same things!

Anything to do with sheep or lambs - notes, figurines, stuffed lambies - anything for my inside flock (have enough outside, thank you!)

Also anything  Saint Bernard themed

Stationery - I will take any off your hands, those of you who have given up snail mail.  I write to people all over the world and will put it to good use. If I ever get too much, I share with my Amish neighbors and on here too.  Yes, some of  us still write letters, and by hand!!

Any bath salts, bubble bath, powder etc. you don't want. Claw foot tub, need I say more?

Thanks for looking and always thinking of me, much appreciated.

Last Edited on: 3/1/11 10:43 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
nubbin avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 9:21 AM ET

Coke Codes

foam craft sheets, shapes, characters or designs

flash drive

bobby pins( will be used to make decorative hair pins)

Leslie Sansone walking dvd's

playstation 2 games and gameboy advance games

WingsPawsNMagick avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 10:46 AM ET

yes i am the crazy cat lady..

# 1  :   so i can always use cat related coupons :   dry food, canned food, litter, treats.

# 2  :  i can also use coupons :  clorox / lysol  WIPES

# 3  :  i am redoing my kitchen theme... so if you have any colorful bandanas....even if they are a tad torn... i can just cut them .....

Photobucket

¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* ¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*   thanks to all and have a blessed month  *•¸¸¸.•*¨*¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨*

Photobucket

Last Edited on: 3/15/11 6:17 PM ET - Total times edited: 7
orchid7 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 11:17 AM ET

Here are my wishes:

• Box Tops for Education for my son's school
  • Campbell's Labels For Education
  • Stonyfield yogurt codes (from lid- please include product type and size in PM.)
  • Pet Supermarket coupons

Thanks!  :)

Last Edited on: 3/2/11 3:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
surfgirl avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 12:22 PM ET

I'm wishing for:

• Coke codes
  • coupons for :  glucose meters/test strips/lancets (One Touch, Breeze 2, Contour, Freestyle, etc.)  - I purchase them using the coupons and donate them to our local health clinic.
  • Senseo or other brand decaf coffee pods - none of my local stores carry the decaf pods
  • coupons forOikos Greek yogurt
  • coupons for:  Atkins shakes
  • Lowe's coupons

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  

Last Edited on: 3/24/11 3:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Grateful-Mommy avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 1:57 PM ET

Hi everyone!  I am wishing for :

Nature Made Wellness Codes
Any herb or veggie seeds (cuttings?)
ANYTHING My Little Pony or Snow White (we already have the book)
Fabric Scraps

Last Edited on: 3/15/11 1:09 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
Roses723 avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 2:07 PM ET

-Coupons for Activia, Hot Pockets, Lean Pockets or Lean Cuisine

-Nature Made vitamins codes

-Coke products codes (this includes Sprite, Dasani, Minute Maid, Fanta, Fresca, Pibb, Fresca, Vault, Powerade, Barq's, Diet Coke,
Coke Zero)

-BoxTops for Education

-Campbells labels for Education

Thanks! :)

tigerbunny avatar
Subject: baby
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 4:10 PM ET

Always looking for coupons for enfamil and huggies.  They seem to work the best on our little one.

bookmates/openpage covers for books of any size.

THANKS...

megamommy1960 avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 4:50 PM ET

My wishes for this month:

Marlboro coupons

Camel coupons

Yarn (scraps will work)

plastic canvas (scraps wonderful)  

Scrap paper or pads

yarp avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 6:50 PM ET

Hi, 

I would love anything JACKASS! Madonna, MUSE, NASA, LOST, Danny Dyer, South Park, Family Guy, Star Trek, Dexter, The FramesSwell SeasonUKWest Ham United (Soccer)  related...

I also like tea swapping. So if you got some tea, I got some for you. (I like Black/Red flavored and Ceylon tea (flavored too), but I'm up for other teas too, No Herbal or Green Teas - I'm so tired of them, I have a veriaty of 30+)

Oh and Burt's Bees coupons

Thank you.

Last Edited on: 3/14/11 11:16 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 8:23 PM ET

Hello All!   Wishes for March, if anyone can help:

Card stock and laminate paper
Pieces of Amber
Unused postcards   especially with recipes  (to use in Postcrossing)
Unmatched Barbie shoes  (all doll shoes)
Large  " GRAND OPENING"  banner

Thanks to all for your continued support and kind words!

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 9:01 PM ET

I don't know if this counts as requesting books...

But if anyone has any kind of fantasy and/or anime calendars, I'd love them, even if they're old and/or written in.  I use them to decorate around my room because it's cheaper and saves the calendars from landfills ;)

Thanks~!

jwickenk avatar
Printable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 9:53 PM ET

My wish is for any music CD's for my daughter who is 8 and has mild Ausperger's.  The Phychologist recommended music when she needs to go to her safe place to calm down and she has a little cd player that she uses.  Doesn't matter what type of music -- country, rock, christian, childrens, classical, etc -- anything that she can pop in and listen to!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Kitsuune avatar
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 11:28 PM ET

Hi all! Happy March. =)

I'm wishing for the following this month:

Anything fox related! - I love foxes!

Elastic hairties. - I prefer the type without the metal on them. They get tangled in my hair. =(

Bookmarks! Can never have too many. Homemade, store bought.. No preference!

Unused notepads. Now that I have a few, I'm going through them like crazy!

Red Rose Tea figurines - I've been collecting these since I was 5! Love them!

Thanks so much!

Last Edited on: 3/7/11 6:39 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/2/2011 8:47 AM ET

Easter Decoration for my mom's hospital room - Added 3/21/11

Drink mix singles (Anything like that) 

cat collar harness (For the cat upstairs)

cat clothe (For cat upstairs)

Rare Diamonds perfume (Any diamonds perfumes)

Mrs. Santa - I have Mr. Santa he is 3 feet tall.

The GRINCH - Anything i love him.

Canon ink cartridges - 40 Black, 41 Color, 30 Black,31 Color.

In Search Of These Coupons:

Sale paper Shaws supermarket this week: Free Meow mix dry cat food with the purchase of any 25 lb Fresh Step litter (For upstairs cat)

Arm & hammer cat litter coupons or any other kind litter coupons for cat upstairs)

Tropicana OJ codes

Disinfectant wipes 

Baby wipes

Carnation Instant Breakfast Coupon or chocolate flavor envelope pkg.

Nutritional drinks

V8 V.Fusion coupons

Birds Eye Steam fresh vegetables coupons

Dawn dish soap

My coupons offers on my RAOK post: http://www.paperbackswap.com/March-RAOK-Thread-Random-Acts/topic/230631/

My coupon wish list: http://www.paperbackswap.com/March-Wish-Wishes-Grant-Thread/topic/230629/

Last Edited on: 3/27/11 6:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 7
Page: