Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: March's Mysteries and Thrillers

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
geejay avatar
Geri (geejay) -
Member of the Month medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 3/21/2017 3:57 PM ET

Joy, you'll like the Diane Vallere series.  I had them on Kindle and many times I forget to mention them since they are eBooks.  I lliked her other series too. 

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/22/2017 10:12 PM ET

I am enjoying the book, Geri!  Although I have to say that this MC appears to be one of those who would go down into a dark cellar at night with an axe murderer loose.  :)  Lots of things going on, like the characters.  One of those you can't  put it down books.  Thankfully I have book 2 sitting on my bookshelf.

beanie5 avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 3/24/2017 12:25 PM ET

My dear brother Arnold Horner died at 1:30 a.m. today.  From the time he was diagnosed to this death was 3 weeks.  A blessing in my eyes.  If one has terminal cancer best not to have to agonize for months, both for the patient and the family.  He simply went to sleep peacefully this morning.

bkydbirder avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 3/24/2017 12:28 PM ET

Oh Becky - that is so sad! I understand what you are saying about it being a blessing though. Hugs and prayers for you and your family!!!

geejay avatar
Geri (geejay) -
Date Posted: 3/24/2017 12:59 PM ET

Becky, so sorry to hear this but I agree it was a blessing for him and you and your family!!!  Hugs and prayers.

skeetergirl avatar
Date Posted: 3/24/2017 3:12 PM ET

So sorry, Becky.  Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

vintagejoy avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/25/2017 7:30 PM ET

Oh, Becky, I am so sorry!  Absolutely you and your family will be in my prayers.

retiredteacher avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 3/26/2017 7:15 AM ET

Becky, I am so sorry about your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/26/2017 7:48 AM ET

Good Morning,

I am reading In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear.  One of my favorite series. This one is in 1939 England right after Poland was invaded by the Nazis very good read.

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 3/26/2017 5:17 PM ET

The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler. I'm told this is the first Philip Marlowe novel. Starts with an old man in bad health and 2 scheming daughters. Brings King Lear to mind. Have to read on the see where the story goes.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 3/26/2017 6:16 PM ET

Becky:  It is so hard to lose one you love.  My heart goes out to you.

ASJ avatar
Alice J. (ASJ) - ,
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 3/28/2017 9:32 AM ET

I am reading Seneca Falls Inheritance :: Miriam Grace Monfredo

It is an older book set in 1848, update New York. Good background on the beginings of the Woman's rights movement and settlement of of upstate New York. This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for a long time. It is quite good

geejay avatar
Geri (geejay) -
Date Posted: 3/29/2017 6:04 PM ET

I'm in computer hell.  It's in for repair.  But! Plenty of time to read.  But... Either heaven or hell there too.  Got th newest Argeneau yesterday.  Had started 13 Diamonds.  I was a bit reluctant to begin and now torn as to what to read!  I just started the latest Shaye Archer book by Jana DeLong.  This is her thriller series. I have it on my kitchen Kindle.  While I cook or eat.  Now if only I could have them all in front of me!

I got 13 Diamonds for a challenge.  At this point I can't say which.  Older woman living in an independant senior facilty.  Another resident dies and just like her twenty something counterparts - why, how.  Good read so far.  I think it could be a great pick your own category.  Seniors.  I have another with an over 50 woman.  I might change my category!!!

Last Edited on: 3/29/17 6:09 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Gold medalPBS Blog Contributor medal
Date Posted: 3/30/2017 4:47 PM ET

Was able to obtain some of Mel Starr's series about Hugh de Singleton, surgeon.  Am in the midst of The Abbot's Agreement.

Page: