Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
Mathematical Tools for Applied Multivariate Analysis, Revised Edition
Mathematical Tools for Applied Multivariate Analysis Revised Edition Author:J. Douglas Carroll, Douglas Green, Anil Chaturvedi This revised edition presents the relevant aspects of transformational geometry, matrix algebra, and calculus to those who may be lacking the necessary mathematical foundations of applied multivariate analysis. It brings up-to-date many definitions of mathematical concepts and their operations. It also clearly defines the relevance of the exerci... more »ses to concerns within the business community and the social and behavioral sciences. Readers gain a technical background for tackling applications-oriented multivariate texts and receive a geometric perspective for understanding multivariate methods.
Mathematical Tools for Applied Multivariate Analysis, Revised Edition illustrates major concepts in matrix algebra, linear structures, and eigenstructures geometrically, numerically, and algebraically. The authors emphasize the applications of these techniques by discussing potential solutions to problems outlined early in the book. They also present small numerical examples of the various concepts.
* Provides a technical base for tackling most applications-oriented multivariate texts
* Presents a geometric perspective for aiding ones intuitive grasp of multivariate methods
* Emphasizes technical terms current in the social and behavioral sciences, statistics, and mathematics
* Can be used either as a stand-alone text or a supplement to a multivariate statistics textbook
* Employs many pictures and diagrams to convey an intuitive perception of matrix algebra concepts
* Toy problems provide a step-by-step approach to each model and matrix algebra concept