Discussion Forums - Money Saving Tips Money Saving Tips

Topic: New User: Going Broke $$ Please Help!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Date Posted: 10/3/2012 7:49 PM ET

I think that is the best way to do it. You can prolong accepring request to 5 days and you get another 4 to ship.

You can work with the swapper and ask to get more time to mail, while marking the book mailed.

You can also put your account on vacation hold to limit the amount of requests that fit your budget. I will not mail more then 4-5 books every 2 weeks.

I have gotten a lot of books from my WL which I couldn't aford to buy.

Give your self a budget and more time and you will figure out the hows, and whys and eventually get hooked like the rest of us :)

Date Posted: 10/3/2012 7:49 PM ET

I think that is the best way to do it. You can prolong accepring request to 5 days and you get another 4 to ship.

You can work with the swapper and ask to get more time to mail, while marking the book mailed.

You can also put your account on vacation hold to limit the amount of requests that fit your budget. I will not mail more then 4-5 books every 2 weeks.

I have gotten a lot of books from my WL which I couldn't aford to buy.

Give your self a budget and more time and you will figure out the hows, and whys and eventually get hooked like the rest of us :)

Date Posted: 10/17/2012 11:49 AM ET

If you are just trying to clear out books, I recommend booksfreeswap.com.  The requestor pays for shipping the books they request.  Except for packaging, you don't pay for anything, but you also don't get anything in return, except knowing your books are going to someone who wants them and more shelf space. 

Date Posted: 10/22/2012 7:38 PM ET

Lots of good ideas here. I find some of the more unusual & unpopular books off my wish list so that makes it worth it for me. Otherwise I would never have found them & if I had to buy from Ebay or Half. they would have cost more than the shipping out of my books most likely. Plus, then I don't have the books I've read sitting around. You also can transfer points for the DVD site & the CD sites. So you may be able to make your wife happy there. Obviously you found out you didn't read what this is all about. The name is swap not sell. I'm sure you can use your points to find special books you can't otherwise find. Do you have people you can buy books for? It should work out for you now that you know the site better.

Date Posted: 1/25/2013 10:04 AM ET

I put my list on vacation hold when I can not ship because of cost. I try to keep my cost at 20 dollars a payday. I take my list off waitlist the week I get paid then mail those then fri night after payday I put my list on hold. Half.com I have used but find the books I have to sell is selling for a dollar or so not worth the trouble to me. E bay and half charges you to use their sites. I just donated a paper bag full of books to the library I do this once a year for books no one wants from swap or is to heavy to mail. Hardbacks that I read could cost a small fortune to mail. I guess the advice I have for you is use vacation hold and try to budget some money into the cost of shipping.

Subject: Site is fun and sorta adictive
Date Posted: 2/12/2013 10:38 AM ET

I have always enjoyed the site. Have found enough mysteries to read that I could read one a day ann be set for the whole year.  But it is true that the cheapest easiest way to use the site is to buy credits on the Bazaar- $2.00 - 2..30 depending on how may you buy.  Neverr had a person not sent them quickly and you can use paypal..  But I love sending books  out too. Don't know why??? That is wwhhere the addictive part comes in.  Connie

Date Posted: 2/12/2013 11:34 AM ET

Last Edited on: 2/12/13 11:35 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
Page: