- "DREAM A LITTLE DREAM" by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (Chicago Stars #4) (A++++++) Dare to dream - Welcome to Salvation, North Carolina - where a man who's forgotten what tenderness means meets a woman with nothing to lose. A desperate young mother - Rachel Stone's bad luck has taken a turn for the worse. With an empty wallet, a car that's spilling smoke and a five-year-old son to support, she's come home to a town that hates her. But this determined young widow with a scandalous past has learned how to be a fighter. And she'll do anything to keep her child safe - even take on...a man with no heart. Gabe Bonner wants to be left alone, especially by the beautiful outcast who's invaded his property. She has a ton of attitude, a talent for trouble and a child who brings back bad memories. Yet Tachel's feisty spirit might be heaven-sent to save a tough, stubborn man.
- "THE SOLDIER'S SCOUNDREL" by Cat Sebastian (A+++++) A scoundrel who lives in the shadows - Jack Turner grew up in the darkness of London's slums, born into a life of crime and willing to do anything to keep his belly full and his siblings safe. Now he uses the tricks and schemes of the underworld to help those who need the kind of assistance only a scoundrel can provide. His distrust of the nobility runs deep and his service do not extend to the gorgeous high-born soldier who personifies everything Jack will never be. A soldier untarnished by vice - After the chaos of war, Oliver Rivington craves the safe predictability of a gentleman's life - one that doesn't include sparring with a ne'er-do-well who flouts the law at every turn. But Jack tempts Oliver like no other man has before. Soon his yearning for the unapologetic criminal is matched only by Jack's pleasure in watching the soldier's genteel polish crumble every time they're together.
- "THE TWISTED ROAD TO YOU" by Barbara Longley (Perfect, Indiana #4) (A++++++) A madman's bullet revealed their true feelings, but will they survive long enough to confess their love? Struggling with both PTSD and the trauma of his ex-wife's infidelity, retired Marine Wesley Holt seeks a simple civilian life. His favorite waitress at the Perfect Diner secretly stirs his heart. Yet Wes - scarred by betrayal and racked by guilt over his fallen comrades in Afghanisan - stays quiet, convinced he can never love again...or be loved. Waitress and single mother Carlie Stewart hides fear behind her smile. Her ex-husband has escaped from prison and wants their son - and revenge. When the fugitive arrives to wreak havoc, Wes insists Carlie and her son stay with him for protection. Finally daring to let her guard down, Carlie divulges her dark past to Wes, and to her surprise, Wes appreciates her strengths and longs to trust her with his tattered heart. The safer they feel with each other the more trust and passion grow. But can they overcome the demons in their pasts - and the heartbreak they've carried into the present to build a life together?
- "TEXAS ON MY MIND" by Delores Fossen (McCord Brothers #1) (A++++++) The McCord Brothers are the most eligible bachelors in Spring Hill, Texas. But these cowboys are about to get wrangled by the love of some very unique women - the kind who can melt hearts and lay it all on the line. Air force captain Riley McCord has come home on medical leave to find one heck of a welcome reception. Every unattached woman in Spring Hill, Texas, wants to nurse him back to health. That includes his childhood friend Claire Davidson - the only person who understands how damaged he really feels. In high school, she choise his best friend over him. According to Riley's rules, that should make her off-limits forever. But when Claire suggests a no-strings fling, he can't refuse. Claire always wanted Riley - but she also craved the safety and stability he couldn't offer. So she chose another patch, only to end up crazier about him than ever. She's even convinced herself that this time she won't be devastated when he leaves. Yet once Riley realizes the depth of Claire's feelings - and his own - he'll have to make the ultimate choice: return to the job he loves or stay home for the woman who's always lived in his heart. "WHAT HAPPENS ON THE RANCH" by Delores Fossen (McCord Brothers #0.5) (A+++++) It all started in the hayloft. That's where Anna McCord lost her virginity to Heath Moore when they were teenagers. Nine years later, Heath, now an air force officer, is back in town. For Anna, the boy who stole her heart is long gone, replaced by a man who's filled out everywhere. Her overprotective brothers might want her to stay away, but what harm can there be in a secret, exhilarating affair? Sure, the McCord boys will beat him to a pulp if he lays a finger - or anything else - on Anna. That's not why Heath is trying so hard to resist her. Soon he'll be leaving, and he has no intention of breaking her heart again when he does. But some mistakes are worth repeating - especially when second time around might lead to forever.
- "LONE STAR NIGHTS" by Dolores Fossen (McCord Brothers #2) (A+++++) No strings attached is pretty much Lucky McCord's calling card in Spring Hill, Texas, but when family is on the line, this cowboy's honor and heart are about to get lassoed, tied and branded. Every family needs its black sheep, and Austin "Lucky" McCord is happy to oblige. The bad-boy bull rider lives fast and loose, until his business partner leaves him an unexpected bequest. Suddenly Lucky is sharing custody of two children with Cassie Weatherall, one of the few homegrown women he hasn't bedded. And not fom lack of trying. Cassie fled her messy past to become a celebrity therapist in LA. So why does it feel so right to come back and share parenting duties - and chrome-melting kisses - with a man she's striven to avoid? Loving Lucky always seemed like a sure bet for heartache. But for this perfectly imperfect family, Cassie might just gamble with everything she's got. "COWBOY TROUBLE" (McCord Brothers #1.5) (A+++++) Ranch hand Rico Callahan struggled to earn everything he has, but sitting proud at the top of the most successful cattle operation in Texas doesn't change that he was born unworthy of Spring Hill sweetheart Natalie London. Their elopement years ago was a mistake. Their quickie divorce was supposed to put it all in the past. Now Natalie's back in town claiming they're still married - and everything's at stake. Natalie can't wed the perfect-on-paper man her domineering father chose for her when she's still married to her true love. And she definitely can't walk away when seeing Rico again only makes her want him more than ever. Sex for old times' sake sounds better than good, but one touch shows them what matters - and what they'll have to risk to turn a sizzling reunion into forever.
- "MORTAL FEAR" by Greg Iles (Mississisppi #1) (abidged audio CD) (A+++++) By day, Harper Cole trades commodities over the internet from his isolated Mississippi farmhouse. At night, he is systems operator of E.R.O.S., an exclusive, sexually explicit on-line service that guaranteed total anonymity to its rich and famous clientele. But now someone has penetrated E.R.O.S. state-of-the-art security...someone who has brutally murdered six celebrated women. Each time, the weapon and the city are different. And each time, the killer has claimed the same horrifying trophy. For Harper Cole, who has suddenly become the prime suspect, there is only one way to lure the elusive madman into the open. But Harper Cole has dangerous sexual secrets of his own. His daring plan will place everything and everyone he loves in the path of a brilliant, unstoppable killer.
- "HOME ON APPLE BLOSSOM ROAD" by Sheila Roberts (Life in Icicle Falls #9) (A+++++) Home is where the love is...Colin Wright and Mia Blair grew up in Icicle Falls, but they left years ago - and not on good terms. Now Colin's grandmother, Justine, has died, and they've come home to honor this woman they both loved. That's when they get some unexpected news. They're about to inherit something. Jointly. They just have no idea what. It turns out that Justine's designed a treasure hunt for them, like the ones they enjoyed when they were kids and best friends. But they're not kids anymore, and they sure aren't best friends. As for that young love they once shared? Well...it's complicated. On the trail of Justine's treasure, they follow a series of clues that take them down memory lane - ending up at the orchard on Apple Blossom Road. What will they find there? And what did Justine know that they didn't?
- "STONE COLD COWBOY" by Jennifer Ryan (Montana Men #4) (A+++++) With their hearts' desires on the line, nothing can stop the Montana men. Sadie Higgins has a bad habit of bailing her brother out of trouble. But when he rustles a herd of cattle from the tough, honorable Kendrick brothers, it's Sadie who's in for it. Because the cowboy tracking them down is big, silent and forbidding as hell. Rory Kendrick is on the hunt to find out who's been stealing from him. But when he stumbles upon Sadie in the woods, he barely recognizes the quiet, vulnerable beauty who has always taken his breath away. His mission shifts in an instant: He will do anything it takes to keep her safe...and make her his. Sadie has always protected her family - no matter the price. But when Rory ropes her heart, she's forced to take a look at her life and make a dangerous choice - one that could cost, or gain, her everything.
- "BECAUSE I CAN" by Tamara Morgan (Montgomery Manor #3) (A+++++) John "Monty" Montgomery is a workaholic. The oldest of the Montgomery children, he's been working by his father's side building the family hotel chain almost his entire life. His commitment to the business leaves no time for romance. But that's about to change. Georgia Lennox has been fantasizing about Monty every since she started her gig as handywoman at Montgomery Manor. She figures Monty is way out of her league, so she hasn't dared to act on her feelings - until he offers to help fill a volunteer shortage on her latest project, building houses for families in need. Sparks fly as they spend time together, first on the job site, then off. But Georgia's not your typical frilly and feminine society girl. Hoping to find a way to fit in with the Montgomerys, she agrees to be made over by Monty's sister for an event. But if she lets her rough edges be smoothed away, will she be letting go of the very thing that attracted Monty in the first place?
- "THE CHANCE" by Robyn Carr (Thunder Point #4) (A+++++) With its breathtaking vistas and down-to-earth people, Thunder Point is the perfect place for FBI agent Laine Carrington to recuperate from a gunshot wound and contemplate her future. The locals embraced Laine as one of their own after she risked her life to save a young girl from a dangerous cult. Knowing her wounds go beyond the physical, Laine hopes she'll fit in for a while and find her true self in a town that feels safe. She may even learn to open her heart to others, something an undercover agent has little time to indulge. Eric Gentry is also new to Thunder Point. Although he's a man with a dark past, he's determined to put down roots and get to know the daughter he only recently discovered. When Laine and Eric meet, their attraction is obvious to everyone. But while the law enforcement agent and the reformed criminal want to make things work, their differences may run too deep...unless they take a chance on each other and find that deep and mysterious bond that belongs to those who choose love over fear.
- "HER PERFECT MATE" by Tyler Paige (X-OPS #2) (A+++++) He's a high-octane special ops pro. When Special Forces Captain Landon Donovan is pulled from an op in Afghanistan, he is surprised to discover he's been hand-picked for a special assignment with the Department of Covert Operations (DCO), a secret division he's never heard of. Terrorists are kidnapping biologists and he and his partner have to stop them. But his new partner is a beautiful, sexy woman who looks like she couldn't hurt a fly - never mind take down a terrorist. She's not your average covert operative. Ivy Halliwell is no kitten. She's a feline shifter and more dangerous than she looks. She's worked with a string of hotheaded military guys who've underestimated her special skills in the past. But when she's partnered with special agent Donovan, a man sexy enough to make any girl purr, things begin to heat up.
- "ONE WICKED NIGHT" by Shelley Bradley (A+++++) Was it one night of passion or a love they were destined to share? When Lady Serene Boyce's husband, the elderly duke of Warrington, could not give her an heir, he asked her to take a lover in order to produce a child. She never dreamed it would mean falling in love. One look at the handsome stranger who rescued her from a thief and virginal Serena was overcome with desire. Dark and compelling, Lucien Clayborne, Marquess of Daneridge, was everything her honor warned her against. Yet the anguish in his soul drew her nearer...and before the night was through, she had gifted him with her innocence. Then the duke was murdered and Lucien discovered that Serena was pregnant. Still reeling from the death of his cherished daughter and enraged by his first wife's callous betrayals Lucien's honor demanded that he make Serena his bride. But the rapture of their one night together had unlocked feelings he thought his heart had forgotten, and now a chilling evil threatened their chance to claim a love that promised to last a lifetime.
- "ANYTHING BUT LOVE" by Beth Ciotta (Cupcake Lovers #3) (A++++++) Love is sweet...until you spice it up. For Reagan Deveraux, Sugar Creek, Vermont, and the Cupcake Lovers are a dream come true: A cozy little town where family and friends come before everything else. She's never experienced anything like it - especially not growing up with her mother, a fickle, fame-hungry heiress. But Rae's plan to hide out in anonymity for a year until she can claim her inheritance - and her independence - changes with one kiss from gorgeous pub owner Luke Monroe. Luke's charm is legendary, but he's never been a one-woman man. Until Rae captures his attention, that is and then disappears. With a little help from a friend, Luke tracks her down - and unearths secrets almost too wild to be true, as well as the fact that Rae lied to him, and to all of Sugar Creek. Luke's not sure if he can forgive her, but he definitely can't forget her, and when she returns to save the Cupcake Lovers from disaster, he knows it's his chance to get the truth - and get the girl, this time for good.
- "SHE CAN RUN" by Melinda Leigh (She Can #1) (A++++++) Ten months ago, Elizabeth Baker uncovered a dangerous secret about her politician husband - a secret that nearly got her killed. Now she and her children are running for their lives. When Beth is hired as the caretaker of a remote Pennsylvania estate, she dares to hope she has found a corner of the world where Congressman Richard Baker can't find them. But when her new boss dies suddenly and his nephew inherits the estate, Beth is faced with outwitting a former homicide detective who is very smart, very suspicious - and very attractive. Forced into retirement by an injury and grieving the loss of his uncle, Jack O'Malley is unprepared to share his new home with a strange woman and her two kids. He is even less prepared for the instantaneous attraction he feels whenever Beth enters the room. She is beautiful, intelligent, kind...and obviously terrified of someone or something. As Jack's investigation uncovers the shocking details of Beth's past, the rural community is shaken by the murder of a local woman. Driven by instinct and desire, Jack is determined to keep Beth and her children safe, even if doing so means putting his heart - and his life - on the line.
- "UNDERTOW" by Cherry Adair (Cutter Cay #1) (A+++++) She takes the plunge - Teal Williams is content with her career as a ship's master mechanic - until Zane Cutter, the "Casanova of the Caribbean," makes her an offer she can't refuse: to climb on board with him for a real-life treasure hunt. Teal must help him dredge up a shipwrecked vessel containing an abundance of gold, silver and emeralds - and she'll claim part of the prize. He's blown off course - Zane needs a mechanic - not a lover - and Teal, who can also dive, is perfect for the job. So it suits him just fine that Teal is completely immune to his charms...or so he tells himself. But with a deadly enemy in their midst - one who's silently edging closer - Zane and Teal sink into troubled waters. Trapped in the middle of a perilous sea, they have no one to turn to but each other as they face down a danger that runs unfathomably deep - and a passion that runs even deepers.
- "WANTED" by J. Kenner (Most Wanted #1) (A++++++) He is everything I crave and he is everything I can't have. Evan Black embodies my every fantasy. He is brilliant, fierce and devastatingly handsome. But he is also headstrong, dangerous and burdened with secrets. My family warned me to stay away, that I could never handle Evan's dark dealings or scarred past. Maybe I should have listened. Maybe I should have run. But our desire is undeniable, and some temptations you just can't fight. And from the moment we touch - the passion between us consuming us both - I know that I will never be the same.
- "A BETTER MAN" by Candis Terry (Sunshine Creek Vinyard #1) (A+++++) Meet the Kincade brothers: they'll do what it takes to progect their legacy - but what happens when love gets in the way? Hockey star Jordan Kincade wasted no time ditching Sunshine Valley and everyone who mattered for a career in the NHL - a truth Jordan confronts when his parents' deaths bring him home. Now he's back to make amends, which begins with keeping his younger sister from flunking out of school. It's just his luck that the one person who can help is the girl whose heart he broke years ago. Lucy Diamond has racked up a number of monumental mistakes in her life, the first involving a certain blue-eyed charmer. She has no intention of falling for Jordan Kincade again, but when he shows up asking her to help one of her students, Lucy just can't say no. Worse, the longer he's back, the more she sees how much he's changed. And so when a blistering kiss turns to more, she can't help but wonder if her heart will be crushed again...or if she'll discover true love with a better man.
- "BETTING ON HOPE" by Debra Clopton (Four of Hearts Ranch #1) (A+++++) One clutzy advice columnist. One champion cowboy. And an entire small town rooting for love. Advice columnist Maggie Hope never dreamed she'd be shaking hands with champion horse trainer Tru Monahan over a high-stakes bet, especially one that involves horses. And saddles. And everything else a city girl like Maggie feels uncomfortable around. But after filling in for a coworker and interviewing the handsome cowboy, she finds herself doing just that. Anything to save her advice column. Despite Maggie's two left feet, Tru is bound and determined to bring out her inner cowgirl by teaching her to ride a cutting horse, trained to separate cattle from the rest of the herd. While her riding improves, their attraction intensifies, but Tru knows he can never let her into his heart - for her own good. In Wishing Springs, a community full of meddling, but well-meaning townsfolk, Maggie discovers the home she's always longed for. But she's holding something back - a secret that could destroy her reputation and any future she's ever hoped for with the cowboy she might just love.
- "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS" by Hope Ramsay (Chapel of Love #1.5) (A+++++) a short story I received in PDF form from the author
- "DOWN SHIFT" by K. Bromberg (Driven #8) (A++++++++++) Behind the wheel, racing chamion Zander Donavan is at the top of his game. But after too much excess in his personal life, he's forced to step away. He needs to accomplish something all on his own - outside his famous father's shadow. Getty Caster is running away from the abuse that clouds her past. She thinks she's found the perfect escape - until she discovers a stranger in the beachside cottage she's been promised. He's undeniably sexy, but she's there to heal, alone. Before long though, fighting with each other turns into fighting their attraction. And giving into desire sets off a chain reaction that has their pasts colliding. With an unexpected love on the line, can they overcome the fallout to build a furture?
- "BEST OF MY LOVE" by Susan Mallery (Fool's Gold #20) (A+++++) To overcome her painful past, baker Shelby Gilmore goes on the hunt for a friend - a male friend - to convince her stubborn psyche that men can be trusted. But where in a town as small as Fool's Gold will the petite blonde find a guy willing to not date her? Dark, charming Aidan Mitchell puts the "adventure" in Mitchell Adventure Tours...and and into the beds of his many willing female tourists. Until he realizes he's inadvertently become that guy - the one-night Casanova - and worse, everyone in town knows it. Maybe Shelby's boy/girl experiment will help him see women as more than just conquests so he can change his ways and win back his self-respect. As Aidan and Shelby explore the secret lives of men and women, the heat between them fires up the Fool's Gold rumor mill. If no one will believe they're just friends, maybe they should give the gossips something to really talk about!
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Hot in Handcuffs" "Arresting Desire" by Shayla Black "On Fire" by Sylvia Day "Unwilling" by Shiloh Walker
- "On the Naughty List" "Christmas Bonus" by Lori Foster "Naughty Under the Mistletoe" by Carly Phillips "Some Kind of Wonderful" by Beth Ciotta "Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas" by Sugar Jamison (New Author For Me)
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
- "Return to Sullivan's Island" by Dorothea Benton Frank (Lowcountry Tales #6) (Listening using an Audible app on my cell phone)
- "Most Wanted" by Lisa Scottoline (unabridged audio CD)
Last Edited on: 11/30/16 10:08 AM ET - Total times edited: 43