Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: **** OCTOBER THANK YOU NOTES ****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: **** OCTOBER THANK YOU NOTES ****
Date Posted: 10/1/2017 11:59 AM ET

Please use this thread to post thanks for the RAOK gifts, wishes granted, and anything else you are thankful for here on PBS.  Let's try to keep the ***RAOK*** and ***I Wish*** threads easier to check for wishes to grant and goodies to request.

Note: please be sure to thank people who grant your RAOK wishes. It's not necessary to do it here in the thread if you prefer to PM to let the sender know you received your gifts. Unfortunately, things do get lost in the mail. In addition, senders have mentioned that they have not heard from the people they have sent things to, and wonder if the items have been received. We hesitate to keep sending to someone who does not acknowledge gifts. If someone declines your request, that may be the reason.  Senders contact me in frustration, saying that they do not know if items are received and that it is usually the same people who do not correspond. Most have decided not to send to those requestors again. It is sad, but necessary to them. So please respond in some way.

If you have questions, please feel free to PM me and ask.  And thanks for using this thread to say Thank You to our wonderful wish granters.

Last Edited on: 10/1/17 8:32 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2017 12:07 PM ET

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your patience while Jeanne and I worked out management of the threads this month.  I am starting the threads, but we will both be managing them until her technical difficulties are over, at which point she will take over within this same thread.  I think you all know that she has a lot on her plate right now and would be grateful for your continued prayers.  Having erratic wireless access isn't helping, but we hope it will be resolved soon.
This is not the first time - and I'm sure it won't be the last time - that the next month's threads start out on the first of the month (or later) rather than earlier.  In general, it's probably fine to keep using the previous month's post until you see the "This thread is now closed" post appear at its end; if you choose to wait for the official next month's thread to appear, that's fine too, of course.
Thanks again, and we apologize for any confusion!
- Claire

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 10/1/2017 1:01 PM ET

bump

beaugoose avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Thank you Marni
Date Posted: 10/1/2017 6:17 PM ET

for the Head & Shoulders sample packs!!  Much appreciated.

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/2/2017 5:27 PM ET

Thank you to Marni for the coupons and berry branches.:)

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/2/2017 6:06 PM ET

Thank you Michelle W. for sending cat treats for my furbabies,they will love those!! Hugs!!

Also want to thank Towana for the pretty birthday card and I love the adorable bookmark...so cute,thank you so much!!Hugs!

Last Edited on: 10/2/17 6:11 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/3/2017 9:30 PM ET

Wow,Michelle(rissycloud), I can't say thank you enough for the wonderful Birthday surprises you sent me!Love the book an the journal!Hugs!!Thank you !!

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Date Posted: 10/4/2017 11:54 AM ET

I am here!  Now that mom is out of hospital I am someplace that has a wifi signal. She is on Hospice now, but doesn't have anything that will cause imminent death. Death by Alzheimer's is a slow, Unpretty process.  Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts sent our way while mom struggles.  

Thanks to all the card fairies (13 so far) who have sent my sister Sue thinking of you cards.  She is quite touched by everyone's positive messages especially since she got bad news on Monday that the cancer had already spread to the lymph nodes. 

Thanks to Pat, Vicky, and Karen (Formerly Catsandroses at PBS) for the newsy postcards.  karen sent a funny one that fits my family perfectly!

Last Edited on: 10/10/17 6:13 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/4/2017 4:07 PM ET

Thank you Rebecca M.for the beautiful Birthday card,that was so sweet of you to think of me!! Hugs!!

Sheeplady avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/4/2017 4:22 PM ET

Kudos to Claire and Jeanne for keeping the RAOK threads going, computer glitches and all!    It takes more time and effort than you might think - been there, done that- but it can also be a whole lot of fun.  Thank you so much!

Last Edited on: 10/4/17 4:22 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Silvercat avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/5/2017 4:31 PM ET

Thanks, Marni F. (marnif), for the green and red pencils! I have already sharpened them up and am ready to work on a few Christmas ideas. 

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/5/2017 5:14 PM ET

Thank you to Vicky t for the drink mixes! :)

schnauzer-mom avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 10/6/2017 9:05 AM ET

Thank you VERY MUCH Vicky T for the zippered plastic storage bag.  I love it! I was so excited to open it.

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/6/2017 9:25 AM ET

Thank you so much Michelle (rissycloud) for the adorable cute Owl...love the colors too!Hugs!

whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/6/2017 1:22 PM ET

Many thanks to Vicky for the postcard and the Yardley English lavendar soaps.  Memories of my teen years.  Nice......

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/6/2017 9:17 PM ET

Thank you, Irene, for the rocks to hide.  They were hidden, found, posted and not re hidden.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/7/2017 12:23 AM ET

Thanks Lisa tommygirl for the kit.  I will show it to my daughter asap.

conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/7/2017 11:54 AM ET

Thank you to Schuylar for the bookmark! :) hugs.

rissycloud avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 10/8/2017 5:25 PM ET

I would just like to thank everyone for the birthday cards and the sympathy cards for Koko..... You all have touched my heart so much and I am so grateful.

I am working slowly through them and I am wanting to reach out to everyone personally but it will take me some time.

Please know that you have touched my heart deeply and that I appreciate you all so very much.

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/8/2017 5:29 PM ET

Thanks to Schuylar for the John Wayne DVD!Always love watching his movies.Thanks!!

vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/9/2017 10:08 PM ET

Thank you, Katherine, for the packages of goodies to use for prizes when I sub.  The students will really enjoy these things.

Sheeplady avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Double Diamond medal
Date Posted: 10/10/2017 12:57 PM ET

A big thank you to Lisa for the wonderful writing paper!

RoyalScatterbrain avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: thank you, thank you, thank you...
Date Posted: 10/10/2017 2:55 PM ET

this may not be the place and I did start a topic for the card fairies but since there are so many sweet ladies I haven't met yet that took the time to send me cards, little presents and books I am hoping they're taking a peek in here!!  I so appreciate your thoughtful cards and encouragements please know that it helped and made me smile!! smiley

Last Edited on: 10/10/17 2:55 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Silvercat avatar
Friend of PBS-Gold medal
Date Posted: 10/10/2017 5:48 PM ET

It was Christmas in October today! Thank you - ALL of you - for the lovely RAOKS and cards you so thoughtfully sent my way. 

Amy T. - can't wait to watch the DVD you sent! Thank you!

Judy M.! It was my pleasure to send a few things along to you - your journey this past year has been tough & smiles are the best medicine I can offer you - I truly appreciate your beautiful message.  

Vicky T. - your enormous heart never fails to amaze me. Seriously. Thank you for the sweet Halloween card - I loved it!

More thanks go out to Mary G. for the adorable Jack O' Lantern stickers. They will get good use this season - very cute!

And yet more thanks - to longtime pbs friend Jen B - from cat-companion, LeeLoo! He loves the rocker feather teaser and went ballistic on the  Stinkies Catnip Sardines! Currently, he is sleeping it off. wink

WOW!

Hugs! ♥♥♥

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 10/10/2017 5:59 PM ET

Thanks Mary G. for sending me the Halloween stickers!!They are neat!Haven't seen any like these.Hugs!

Also want to thank Vicki. T. for thinking of me and sending me the adorable Halloween card!Hugs!

Want to say thank you to Connie B. for the sending me the pretty owl Birthday card an goodies!!Hugs!

Page: