|Page: Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
This is where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.
We must all abide by these PBS rules :
Our own RAOK rules:
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!
If you have questions, feel free to contact me.
Happy October, Harvest, and Halloween!
Thank you to those who responded to wishlist last month! :)
My October Wishlist:
1.) Continued prayers for Mom's Recovery
3.) Art construction paper for the kids
Last Edited on: 10/7/17 2:11 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Happy October! I hope everyone has a productive month.
My wishes this month are:
A wet/dry bag to place wet items in until they dry. Small to medium size.
Small glass jars/containers to put my homemade beauty products in.
Bookmarks (especially unusual ones)
Button pins with the peace symbol or slogans that support peace
Thanks so much for reading!
My wishes this month are a bit odd as usual:
1. I would like to get in touch with people who are in schools that have been flooded in Texas or Florida (not Puerto Rico at this time) so that I can send packages of school supplies. You can PM me a contact name and email if the person is okay with that.
2. Continued prayers for those who were flooded and are trying to recover.
3. Prayers for all of those affected by the mass shooting in Las Vegas. The victims, victims' families and even the shooter's family will need our prayers.
4. If anyone would like to send a kindergarten class a postcard from your state, please PM me for name of class and address. I worked with this teacher when a full time teacher but subbed in her class today. The students are learning about the states that they get postcards from.
Last Edited on: 10/5/17 5:06 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Oct wishes:same as last month.Anything crafty to send to my old summer camp next year.Scraps are fine.Paper,yarn,markers:anything that kids could create with.For me:anything Halloween or Star Wars related.Thanks :)
My October wishes are:
Full size bottles of lotin for extremely dry skin ( for hubby). He goes thru a lot of it each month due to edema on his lower legs.
Coloring books (prefer seasonal or something like Barbi coloring books). I haven't seen any adult ones I cared much for.
Thanks to all that grant my wishes this month. I really appreciate it.
Last Edited on: 10/14/17 4:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Some things I could really use for our art classes are as follows. These will be shared with students. On the books, magazines or comic books by "old" I mean any publication date is fine, doesn't matter. Actually any condition is fine, too, since they will be used for arting. They can be missing covers or lost pages, torn pages or whatever. We aren't picky. LOL
1. Small Baby Wipes plastic containers - the small ones that hold about 10 wipes that you can put in your tote bag. They are sort of like a clam shell and have a hinge on the back side so they open and close with a snap. We use to store wet media and rags, etc.
2. Fabric ribbons - any length, any color, any width. I am using them as part of an art project.
3. Old MAGAZINE printed in foreign language. Any language, doesn't matter. We are arting with the pages.
4. Old BOOK printed in a foreign language. Any language, doesn't matter. We are arting with the pages. The book will be torn up and shared, so don't part with something valuable.
5. Tyvek envelopes - USED are fine. Any size. Doesn't matter if there are labels or stamps on them. We are using them for arting...creating art journals and using the old envelopes as the pages, and building the art on top the Tyvek for stability.5x7 or 9x12 would be ideal, but really, any size can be used..
6. Duct Tape - any color, any print...any amount left on roll. Doesn't matter. We use it to create spines on the art journals and secure the pages together.
6. Old comic books - again used for arting and will be taken apart. Doesn't matter condition, age or topic. They will be arted on. Everybody in class loves the comic books...they are colorful and super fun to art on.
Thank you so much!
So nice to see this continue. With so many new faces I wanted to post my usual wishes again, and also as a reminder to those who have been here for a long, LONG time, you know who you are!
The Sheeplady is always looking for stationery/writing paper. (yup, grabbed Lisa's!) I mean tablets/boxes/pkts. of paper, not note cards ( unless they have a sheep design) I still write old fashioned letters and everything will be used and appreciated. So if you clean out old auntie's house and find a box of stationery - keep me in mind, please - do not put it in the dumpster!!!
Thanks for thinking of me when you find this.
$3 Coupon for Pearls Probiotic (they are tiny and easy to swallow) (if you sign up at the website they will mail one per address.... but only once so I can't do it again}
Regular Pepsi Coupons
Aveda Invati shampoo and conditioner samples
John Frieda- luxurious Volume shampoo and conditioner samples
beads with a hole big enough to be threaded with 1/4 in ribbon snuggly, not loose
BookMates II- charcoal, ribbons, pansies or quasar, solid blue or purple
Comedy and Tragedy Stickers
Book Charms (bout the size of a nickle)
Any charms (bout the size of a nickle)
I would love a blinkie to commemorate 6 years as a non smoker to replace the x-smoker blinkie in my siggie line.
Something where there would be a blank space where I could add/change the number of years.
"Proud to be, _ years, smoke free" Something like that..... thanks
My wishes are:
1. Any kind of fall/autumn/harvest decor-would love a sign or something with happy fall y'all.:)
2. Coupons-any you have extra of or internet coupons that you can't use-they help my mom and I shop a lot.
3. Anything Wonder woman..she makes me smile.
4. Any Tom Petty CD you don't want.
5. Fall recipes that are somewhat easy to make-you can send them to me in a email or mail.
6. Calligraphy pens in any color or designs that you find.
As always,thanks for reading. Post your unique or odd wishes here..I might be able to help you out.:)
Hi Everyone! My wish for October is for Box Tops for Education. My son is collecting these for his 4th grade class, so if you have any, we would love to receive them.
Thanks so much in advance!
Please pray for those who are impacted by the Santa Rosa Wildfires. ♥ My son and his family are on their way east to join other family members several hours away. There has been no fire containment yet and their house is in imminent danger of burning.
Your prayers are appreciated.
The good new is my son and his family were able to stay home, but they are all packed up to go on a moment's notice. Apparently they have about a 2 hour window to leave the area safely but it does appear they are among those who are in protective pockets throughout the city. The danger is still very real, but now that evacuation from areas hardest hit has been completed, containment is being done in earnest.
Thank you for the supportive e-mails today. They were much-appreciated! ♥ Now we just wait and see if there will be any wind changes.
It looks like the fires are dying down and I am so happy to report that my son and his family are going to be fine. Again, I want to thank the many of you for your kind support throughout this scare. You really helped more than you know.
Last Edited on: 10/15/17 12:32 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Echoing Silvercat. No fire where I live, but I am breathing in the effects: terrible air quality. My nose and lungs are suffering and I am starting to see an uptick in the number of patients coming to my office with respiratory complaints.
Here is a new one: Everyone pray for the first person on your friends' list. Please.
Broken or unwanted jewelry and basically all things that go bling in the night.
If you've never granted a wish, there are some who have not, please grant one wish for someone!
Any Red or Jungle Gardenia perfume.
Last Edited on: 10/23/17 11:21 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
My son's day service does art projects and I was hoping if anyone had any of the following:
Beads and seed beads
Brown twine ropey thing
Tops/fronts of greeting cards...they cut the front of the card, keeping the picture. They glue it to tiles and then mod podge over it. Once it dries, they put something on the bottom so it doesnt scrape and they tie it with ribbon and its a coaster set !
All these can just be leftovers so if you have 3 strands of red embroidery floss , some beads etc..it will all work. They make all kinds of things to give to nursing homes, group homes, they'll raffle items off for fundraising for their day service, etc
Thanks in advance! I really appreciate it!
Adult women hair bows - these would have LARGE metal clips on the back and then any color/design bow. I'm not being picky about the back - I have thick curly Jew lady hair (haha) and little clips don't hold much. I wear a bow every single day and it's my goal to match every outfit. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself, but Monday morning when the evacs here started, I literally packed all my bows. (And my books haha. Four bags.) I was like, WTF am I thinking?! I put them back though I did take a photo of where I have all my bows hanging on the wall. I am in MUCH need of one in a dark/blood red and a denim one, but seriously, all bows will be made welcomed.
Air fresheners / filters of ANY kind. My mom has been evaced for a week and will not be going back for another week (BUT SHE IS GOING BACK, GOD WILLING). Her windows were open when she was evaced so the place is going to smell horrendous from the fires. (Again, such minimal problems! I'll sleep with fire soot inside my nose for the rest of the life knowing we both are OK!) But, if anyone has extra of the plug ins (Bath and Body Works Wallflowers are the ones she has but we can work with whatever you got), sprays, etc.
I feel like it's kind of trite to do RAOK for "prayers for my town" but Imma go there anyway. I'm keeping a giveaway thread going too in the other one of these, so please keep an eye on it for more as I cast off. It's amazing how much you realize you do not want when you're faced with leaving it all behind.
Last Edited on: 10/15/17 4:00 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Please tell people you care about that you do! Last night after dropping off some precious cargo, my grandson, I had to stop in the middle of the road because of a bear in the road. If it hadn't turned its head toward me, I would have hit it because they are pitch black like it was out last night. After a ways and getting onto US 19 Interstate, I hit a deer. I saw a lot things flash through my head but couldn't hardly see the road for the airbags. My new car is a mess, all airbags deployed and I now know I am allergic to whatever they have in them. I am so thankful that my grandson wasn't still in the car and I got away with only being a little stiff.
I only had my grandson late because my parents are here visiting and wanted to see the great grandson and my DIL insisted that he be home last night instead of this morning like I asked. I am SO THANKFUL that my parents got to spend time with Grayson and that everyone is fine.
Tell those you care and love that you do every day.