|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
ive made mistake with money when i live parent . with credit card and stuff and that why i took loan i had to default on because i want new start and i accept and 2 payment my dad gave me will be paid and i will have 2 more payment to pay by jan 2010 and decide 300 month divide with month i will send them every money not just lump sump and paid credit card 1000 i owe with jan 2010 and i really think i can do this and i am .
1. foodbank food lot of vegetable, fruit great stuff.
2. go shaw get meat which is manager special 1.95 and there manager coupon 1.00 so round steak was.95 cent
3. go by flyers what on sale
4. bring lunch need to do more
5. only take 20 to work leave debt card h ome.
6 . keep all receipts in one place for medical i end up paying reisburment because i didnt have it .
7 . im give myself hour each night when i come home from work to read outside it been beautiful and eat less.
8 im keeping cable, internet, phone 100 month as i watch redsox and boston celtics and tape court show dvr so it worth it.
9. clip coupon.
10 . get rid of book so less clutter i havent bought brand new book since i moved.
hoo boy another motivating / re-focusing post! I love these and never get tired of them LOL!
1. foodbank food lot of vegetable, fruit great stuff. This is great for you having one for your group. I don't use these but I wish we had acommunity garden here! There are several in my area but I'm still checking into it...my job has a small garden plot they did for about 1-2 years off and on but let it get overgrown. I would definitely take some produce from there if we got it planted and took turns taking care of it. I'm once again attempting a patio garden with tomatoes, peppers, herbs, zucchinie, squash, strawberries...we'll see though!
2. go shaw get meat which is manager special 1.95 and there manager coupon 1.00 so round steak was.95 cent OK I"M beyond ENVIOUS here! I'm seeing stir fry, pan fry, chicken fried, smothered...gosh you're lucky!
3. go by flyers what on sale - I do this, esp the store right near my house that's expensive except for sale stuff
4. bring lunch need to do more - this I've been doing after seeing you post about it before and I'm curious what the savings are..I'm also fixing a lot of stuff at home and freezing individual servings -today I took the 'free' flour tortillas (10 of them out of the bag of 20-),, dug in the pantry for a can of fat free refried beans and cooked a pint of egg whites and made 10 breakfast tacos to wrap in saran wrap then put in a freezer bag and froze - 2 min on 50% power and they're good!
5. only take 20 to work leave debt card h ome. - I try to keep $10-$20 also because I keep going through the cash if I get it every time I shop
6 . keep all receipts in one place for medical i end up paying reisburment because i didnt have it . - this I'm stil bad at - I do try to shove them in the sme filing cabinet drawer though! :-)
7 . im give myself hour each night when i come home from work to read outside it been beautiful and eat less. - I do try to read before sleeping, even if it's only 10 min. helps me unwind! I tried sitting outside but lighting isn't good there and mosquitoes..ick..but the weather has been beautiful and the other night I spent about 30 min outside reading and just petting the dogs and looking at my 'garden'!
8 im keeping cable, internet, phone 100 month as i watch redsox and boston celtics and tape court show dvr so it worth it. - I got rid of cable because it was a waste for me and more pricey than your plan. I did invest in some dvds that I put in while I'm sewing or just to unwind as well as gettin gsome from the library for free...but for you it sounds like it's more than worth it IMO because you get so much out of it for the price and it's a big part of your entertainment! my parents kept their cable and it's worth it for them because they watch the movies and nascar and of course the sports.
9. clip coupon. - been doing this and when I use one I come home and figure out the coupon values and transfer that amount to savings like an electronic piggy bank!
10 . get rid of book so less clutter i havent bought brand new book since i moved. - ouch! ok, I'm sorta trying here but I keep bringing in 10 for every 1 I let leave...and I have cut back on buying new books but not entirely..I do need to work on this I know!
we are alike yeah i lost library book so i had to pay 24.00 today oh boy . i took 4 out of library . i just have too many book and wont read them all and i look at some and im not interest in some i got.
I'm looking at tons of minewondering why the heck I got them too Carol! the other day I checked out 4 videos/dvds from the library..watched one. I wanted to watch the other 3 but just never got around to it so when went to pick up some books that I'd requested I went a head and took them back. Stil picked up another dvd and it's still sitting on the table..just haven't had time to watch it yet. Glad I didn't pay money for it!
I did read some library books though - 2 I had wl'd here and my coworker got another wl'd book at her library..so that's 3 library books read that didnt' cost me anything.
i go through these book and think im interest at time when i got book and i went to sale when i move here at library down street and im like they been sit here for 9 month and im not going to read them so im doing 3 for 1 sale and what else doesnt go i will donate to apartment they like to read or same sale .... i go library and like to try different book .... i have issue . but im limit myself to 3 for 1 sale and put certain amount in pbs account and when it gone. i will take book off.
Susanna, I often take out more from the library than I end up reading or watching -- but I figure that if I read/watch one thing obtained during a trip the trip was worth it, because borrowing items doesn't cost me a cent (as long as I return on time!).
Sometimes I have so much checked out I end up returning it all and starting over. :)
I am temporarily unemployed so I am needing to focus even more right now on spending only where I need to and getting the most for each dollar.
I like the idea of carrying a very limited amount of money on me when I go out -- and I just put the debit card up so I won't be carrying it. That will help me not overspend right now.
These are other things I'm working on:
1. Carry a lunch and (refilled) water bottles with me when I go out -- pack them in my insulated cooler.
2. Cut and use coupons on things I need to buy anyway -- make sure to check in the in-store coupon place at the grocery store.
3. Focus on taking care of my health so I will be back to work soon -- I'm going to the Y to participate in water aerobics and use the therapy pool.
4. Sorting thru clutter and finding out the things I don't use -- planning donations, garage sale items, and things I could sell.
5. Enjoying the library even more!
I hear you! I've been watching my pennies more than ever lately. I started clipping coupons when I was a teen and it really does make a difference--especially at stores with double coupons. Lately, I've become adament about shopping from a list since spur of the moment purchases are generally things we do NOT need.We're also limiting the amount of junk food purchases we make overall in favor of more wholesome stuff.
I'll have a small garden this summer, but most of our veggies and fruits come from the farmers market in the summer (great prices, at least around here).
I also check some savings web sites at least once a week for other deals. One favorite is moneysavingmom.com--great for offering ways to utilize store sales and coupons to get basics free or drastically reduced at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc. I'm all for free! :)
As far as books go, we're on a first name basis with the adult collection librarian in our city. I don't spend quite as much time there anymore, though, because the library now has a system where you can reserve the books you want online. On busy days or their early close days, it's nice to be able to just dash in and pick up the latest must reads.
Edited to correct typos. :)
Last Edited on: 5/9/09 9:31 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
i was ready to stop going to library as i dont get there as much . because yeah i did lose book i paid for it . well they have put 1 book and 1 cd that i check out one not other and said i had it so i emailthem and they took it off what i had . but i was so nervous i would have pay. but they check and they forgot to check back in .