Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: pending request

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: pending request
Date Posted: 5/13/2018 4:08 PM ET

I have a few pending requests that have been pending for over 4 hrs... when it says maximum 1 hr.  The request has NOT come thru yet and I am confused.

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/13/2018 6:06 PM ET

Maybe Mother's Day has some effect?

Also if the requester has sent you a PM it seems to change things.

I had to check the Help Center to see what a pending request is. I've never noticed a pending request on my bookshelf, but then I don't check my bookshelf all that often.

freeverse071681 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/14/2018 12:57 AM ET

i have a book that has been pending request since 9:30 this morning. i contacted the PBS team at 1 pm when it was still marked as pending. haven't heard back yet. maybe it's another glitch?

starvinArtist avatar
Date Posted: 5/14/2018 1:55 AM ET

I've never noticed a pending request on my bookshelf

I only noticed it because someone wants to take advantage of a deal and none of the books involved are on my public bookshelf anymore, so I checked my regular shelf and they have a little checkmark to the right stating pending

kathyk avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/14/2018 11:53 AM ET

I've had books pending since yesterday. Also the members oneline has been 109 since early yesterday.

I have gmail and my emails from pbs are hit or miss. They aren't in the spam.  That has happened before but not this time.

freeverse071681 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/14/2018 3:28 PM ET

i have also  not received any e-mails from PBS in the last few days. any word on what is causing this?

starvinArtist avatar
Date Posted: 5/14/2018 7:00 PM ET

finally got the notification today, took over 24 hrs

but now I am not getting any email notifications!!!

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 5/16/2018 12:54 PM ET

I received a whole slew of emails yesterday evening in one big gulp, and have received my daily digest today.

BlackPanther avatar
Standard Member medalTour Guide medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 5/16/2018 4:49 PM ET

The 1 hour delay is for "buyer's remorse".

The REQUESTOR can cancel a request up until the time the wrapper is printed by the sender.

• In fact, there is approximately 1 hour's delay between the time a book is first ordered and the time that the request is submitted to the sender (the 1 hour delay does not apply to auto-requested Wish List books)
  • This allows for "buyer's remorse," so that the requestor can easily cancel if she changes her mind, without the sender ever knowing about the request.
  • If the requestor sends a Personal Message to the sender by clicking on the request, however, that 1-hr delay will be eliminated, and the book request will be submitted immediately at the time the PM is sent.