Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
Practical Handbook of Grouting : Soil, Rock, and Structures
Practical Handbook of Grouting Soil Rock and Structures Author:James Warner The first complete handbook for every aspect of grouting technology — The Practical Handbook of Grouting offers the most comprehensive, single-source reference covering all facets of grouting technology, including its application for control of water movement, strengthening of both soil and rock, and a wide range of structural applications. Richl... more »y illustrated with hundreds of informative photographs, graphs, and figures, this handbook provides invaluable advice on all stages of a project from initial investigation and design, through execution, monitoring, and quality control.
Broad coverage in the Practical Handbook of Grouting begins with a general overview of the topic and includes design and quality control issues, injection techniques, and a thorough discussion of drilling and grouting equipment, with practical focus on building custom equipment.
Enriched with real-world insights from the author, the Practical Handbook of Grouting features the latest information on:
* Cementitious and noncementitious grouts, including new admixtures and polymers
* Special construction requirements, including grouting inside structures, underground spaces, in extreme environments, and for emergency response support
* Grouting equipment, including pumps, mixers, agitators, and delivery and monitoring systems
* Pump mechanics, including the advantages and limitations of all pump types
* "The Games Contractors Play," including marketing efforts, proposal trickery, on-the-job issues, and defending bad work
Complete with an extensive bibliography and references, the Practical Handbook of Grouting is a valuable resource for civil, structural, and geotechnical engineers, geologists, contractors, and students in related fields.« less