A must have for stay at home moms. A different way to look at doing motherhood.
From the back cover: " 'Just a mom?' There's no such thing. Motherhood isn't a second-rate occupation. It is a career that can maximize your talents and strengths to their fullest. Look past the surface of mothering - the endless tasks and frantic pace - to the incredible skills required to raise your children and nurture your marriage. The truth is clear: You're a professional in one of the most dignified, demanding, and rewarding fields any woman can find."
I really don't know if I liked or disliked this book - it was just OK for me. I expected some good ideas about how to run my home more efficiently, but most of the book was about how to spiritually become a better mother. I enjoyed reading this and it really helped me refocus on areas I need to work on, but it wasn't that helpful in the household part.
I thought this was a great book and found it very encouraging with lots of good ideas.
Part1: Shift your Thinking
1. Professionalizing Motherhood
2. So What Did you Do Today?
3. Take Care of the Cargiver
Part 2: Determine Your Strategy
4. Do You Know Your True Value?
5. Is Your Family Marriage-Centered?
6. Where Are My Coworkers?
Part 3: Tools of the Trade
7. Fun: You've Got to Have a Good Time!
8. Prayer: An Indispensable Tool
9. Creativity: Let the Creative Juices Flow!
10. Grace: It Has a Place in Your Home
11. Humor: Let's Laugh a Bit!
12: Organization: I can't Go Anywhere without My Planner!
Part 4: Establish Your Career Training and Development
13. Develop Your Partnership with God
14. Parent with Purpose
15: Make Your House a Home
16: Build an Incredible Resume'
Appendix A: A Message for the husband of a Woman in the Profession of Motherhood
Appendix B: My professional Goals
Appendix C: Professional Resources for Mothers at Home