Psychiatric Rehabilitation Author:Carlos W. Pratt, Kenneth J. Gill, Nora M. Barrett, Melissa M. Roberts Community based services for people with severe mental illness promote community integration, improved quality of life, and recovery. Psychiatric Rehabilitation provides a comprehensive overview of this rapidly growing field. The book, written in an easy-to-read, engaging style, is suitable as a textbook for both undergraduate and graduat... more »e courses, as a training tool for mental health workers, and as a reference for academic researchers studying mental health. Each chapter contains highlighted and defined key terms, focus questions and key topics, a case study example, sections on controversial issues of treatment or ethics, and other special features. An overview of major psychiatric disorders, the philosophy and principles of psychiatric rehabilitation, community based service approaches, case management strategies, and vocational and educational rehabilitation are included.
* Case study examples illustrate chapter points
* Special boxed sections address controversial issues and key topics
* Includes biographical sketches of major theorists
* Highlights and defines key terms
* Focus questions are provided
* Provides class exercises at close of each chapter« less