||Quiches & Souffles
||5 / 10
½ lb. - Hamburg
½ C - Onion, chopped
½ C - Mayonnaise
½ C - Milk
2 - Eggs
1 T - Corn starch
1½ C - Cheese
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
his recipe is hand written (by myself) on the first page of my Amy Vanderbuilt's Complete Cookbook. I got it from my sister, many years ago. It's written with a title of "Keish", so, apparently, I did not know how to spell Quiche 30+ years ago. ;p
Yummy Quiche. I've been making this recipe for more than 30 years. I got it from my sister.
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- In a skillet, brown meat with onions. Drain and rinse. Cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add meat mixture to mayonnaise/milk mixture being sure the meat mixture has cooled (so it won't "cook" the eggs).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in single pie crust (bottom only).
- Bake 350o F oven for 35-40 minutes until brown.
Cheese: We use 1/2 lb sliced Swiss, cubed. You can use shredded. I suppose you could easily use your favorite cheese. However, it would change the flavor.