Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - USPS Postal Regulations USPS Postal Regulations

Topic: Quick credits not showing up.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/27/2013 2:51 AM ET

I let them know......I will do another test run this week.  It may be just a matter of 24 hours and something starts working, so I'm gonna try again.  :)

patjang avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/27/2013 11:04 AM ET

Sent package media mail yesterday 2/26.  Had to instruct the clerk how to get DC in the postage.  Saw quick credit this morning 2/27.

moosecage1 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Subject: New Postal "Tracking #"
Date Posted: 2/27/2013 1:24 PM ET

Hi Folks, returned from post office today, and was a bit upset. 

DC #'s  are the new USPS Tracking #, & what is printed on your label no longer works If all you are getting is the Tracking#. 

HOWEVER, if you also purchased postage at the same time.. yours will work.

Appparently it is only those folks (like me) that got the preprinted tracking # on the labels.  Had to "Buy" a new number this morning, and no, there is no "Instant credit" for mailing these books.

LazerFlash avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/27/2013 1:54 PM ET

Ruth: I'm sorry that you're upset, but you don't need to be.

If what you posted is what you were told by the clerk(s) at your P.O., you were misinformed. Many, many other PBS members have had success using the pre-printed e-DC from PBS without having to pre-pay the postage, too. I won't reiterate everything that's been already posted here (and elsewhere), but there is a procedure for reporting your difficulties - both to PBS and to the USPS, as well as a procedure that works with many, (if not, most), of the POS systems. Please take a minute to review both this thread and the other one on this topic: USPS not reading PBS DC scans

al7221 avatar
Date Posted: 2/27/2013 6:48 PM ET

I think the same thing happened to me today. I purchased PBS Quick Credit (just the delivery confirmation). Went to the post office and I didn't get the clerk I normally get. I pay the 30 cents on PBS for the D.C. fee and then when I get to the post office I pay 20 cents and they scan in the barcode and I pay the postage as well.

Well this clerk seemed like she had no clue what to do. I tried to explain how the other clerk does it, and she proceeded to get mad and told me she doesn't know how to do it. She said that it was automatically printed a barcode....which was a different number than what I have through PBS, so they will not match.

She said that since the rates changed, D.C. now comes free??? I called USPS and they said the same thing....is this right??? lol USPS said that the label # is the same thing, and that I shouldn't have to pay for D.C.  USPS said this happened as of Jan. 1st. However, I went to the post office in the beginning of Feb. and on my receipt it says label # and then underneath it is says USPS tracking---and I was charged 90 cents for it.

I need help! Anyone work for USPS and can help explain this to me?? I would greatly appreciate it!

My clerk today was not very friendly or helpful. I was just trying to understand. And since I play in games, most of the games need s D.C. and since the one I paid for wasn't what she scanned in, I was worried. At one point I thought about going to different post office. It was after she said "if you pay for the D.C. online, then why don’t you pay for the postage online"-------

melanied avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medalTour Guide Leader medalBook Bazaar Coordinator medal
Date Posted: 2/27/2013 8:40 PM ET

There are instructions in the What's New section in the upper right corner people can take to their post office that will help clerks handle the DC only packages correctly. http://www.paperbackswap.com/misc/whats_new.php#how_to_mail_your_e_dc__pbs_dc__custom_dc__packages_after_1_27_2013

One thing to note if people are having a lot of trouble with DC only packages and they don't want to deal with the hassle - the cost difference between DC only and full PBS postage is only 5cents now (55cent fee vs 30cent fee plus 20cent DC postage cost), if the package is under 8oz PBS full postage is probably going to be cheaper because the online printed First Class rate gets a discount.

Last Edited on: 2/27/13 8:40 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
LazerFlash avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/28/2013 6:59 PM ET

UPDATE: Mailed one package with PBS-printed e-DC this afternoon from a USPS branch without a POS. Quick Credit was applied within the past hour.

LazerFlash avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/11/2013 8:10 PM ET

From my perspective, the Quick Credit glitch appears to be fixed. All of the packages I mailed today have barcode scans showin on PBS and have had their Quick Credits granted. yes

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: Still not working
Date Posted: 4/25/2013 12:07 PM ET

I just got held up at the mail window with a long lecture about this, even after NOT purchasing Quick Credit. The issue has NOT been resolved, and I still have to pay 90 cents on everything.

fangrrl avatar
Member of the Month medal
Date Posted: 4/25/2013 3:20 PM ET

Yes Will, from the PBS end the Quick Credit should be fixed.   If you are still having problems with your local USPS staff scanning incorrectly (or refusing to scan or use pre-printed tracking barcodes) that is a training problem.  The info you probably need is on the other discussion thread.

Page: