Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: Quite a few cozy mysteries are ending....

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Mistry avatar
Kim (Mistry) -
Standard Member medal
Subject: Quite a few cozy mysteries are ending....
Date Posted: 3/26/2016 9:33 PM ET

I came across this article through Alyssa Maxwell's FB Page (Murder at the Breakers author) Apparently quite a few cozy mystery authors are getting the axe due to a merger.   Here is a link to the article.   I hate seeing news like this? :(

http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/2016/03/25/save-our-cozies/

Last Edited on: 3/26/16 9:35 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
sarabelleie avatar
Date Posted: 3/27/2016 3:04 AM ET

So sad! And annoying! For me, it feels like these books are super popluar and have a great following. But I am sure there are a ton of other issues that are going on that I dont understand. Either way, its really disconcerning. I love this genre and I hope fans rally behind to support authors. It even makes me feel like I want to go out and buy some new books in this genre versus swap so that my support is shown. I myself have several books I am working on as a new author and one was a cozy. Now I am concerned it would be pointless to continue writing it as such. Thoughts?

Mistry avatar
Kim (Mistry) -
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 3/27/2016 12:29 PM ET

Joining the page on FB has been great. So many authors have joined, to say if their series' might be safe or not, or if they don't know.  Lots of support, and also a link to Penguin to ask them to NOT drop the cozy mystery genre as well.   And Don't stop writing!!!