Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
Readings on Fascism and National Socialism
Readings on Fascism and National Socialism Author:Mussolini, Rocco, Gentile, et al. The documents presented here were selected by members of the Department of Philosophy, University of Colorado. Although the date of publication is not stated, it is ca. 1951-52. — From the back cover: — "The catastrophe and holocaust brought about by the two powerful movements of fascism and national socialism will mark human life always. Now, as... more » we feel our hatred for them, we find it difficult to understand how they could have been so powerful, how they could have appealed so strongly to millions of people of a modern age.
"And the documents whereby we could understand these philosophies have been lost - except as they are now gathered here in one convenient volume.
"To understand our own times, it is necessary to understand these movements. And to understand them, we must read the basic philosophical and political documents which show the force of the ideas which moved a world to the brink of disaster."
The documents are:
1. Benito Mussolini: "The Doctrine of Fascism", from the Encyclopedia Italiana, Vol. XIV (18 pp)
2. Alfredo Rocco: "The Political Doctrine of Fascism" (23 pp)
3. Giovanni Gentile: "The Philosophic Basis of Fascism" (14 pp)
4. R.E. Murphy, F.B. Stevens, H. Trivers, J.M. Roland: "National Socialism: Basic Principles, Their Application by the Nazi Party's Foreign Organization, and the Use of Germans Abroad for Nazi Aims" (46 pp)
5. F. Hamburger: National Socialism and Medicine (3 pp)« less