Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Hidden Gems Hidden Gems

Topic: To renew or not renew.....

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
megt avatar
Subject: To renew or not renew.....
Date Posted: 2/3/2018 10:19 AM ET

I have been a long time member of this site but my renewal is up and I am not sure if I will renew.  I guess I can blame all the streaming TV options but my reading has fallen off so much recently, and most of what I do "read" is on audible. I have so many books on my TBR, and I have been accepting books that come up on my WL, but not posting any because I am not reading many.  I hate to let it go, I still enjoy the boards at times.  I am torn sad.   

Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/3/2018 2:00 PM ET

I see you have a full membership which is 20$. Maybe you should try the limited membership. That one is 12$. or just one dollar per month. Try that one for a year and then see how you feel. With a limited you still get to use the forums. I don't know what the wish list does with a limited. Look in the help to see about that.

mistyks avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 2/16/2018 7:47 AM ET

Margaret,

I vote for renew. You can use some of the credits you have for a membership. Check out this thread to see how:

http://www.paperbackswap.com/Want-Receive-Gift-Membership-Return/topic/300293/

I requested a standard membership gift certificate from another member on the list and then gifted them the required number of credits.  I didn't know this existed unitl this year. Apparently, it has been a thing for a while.

I hope you decide to stay. But, if you don't, thanks for sharing your books with us for the past eight years :)

Terry