Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: Requestor's conditions

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Subject: Requestor's conditions
Date Posted: 4/27/2017 11:06 AM ET

Is this message hard to understand because I just had a book turned down that was written by Eurdora Wetly. If the condition doesn't make sense, I'll remove it.

This applies to books by Patricia A. McKillip ONLY. ONLY books by Patricia A. McKillip - ONLY. Please no former library books and no markings of any kind. It must have the dust jacket if it is a hardback.  This applies ONLY to books by Patricia A. McKillip.

RockStarGirl avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/27/2017 11:48 AM ET

It's plain as day to me, but some people turn down all requests with RC's. That's probably what happened.

Generic Profile avatar
Pat O. (PatinCO) - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Diamond medal
Date Posted: 4/27/2017 12:39 PM ET

Another one who finds it very direct and to the point. I'd have no problem with it. Pat

blubonnet1 avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 4/27/2017 1:06 PM ET

very clear.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 4/27/2017 2:03 PM ET

I'm pretty sure it applies to Patricia A. McKillip...but I could be wrong...

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 4/28/2017 2:58 PM ET

Absolutely clear!  I don't understand why but some people just turn down all requests. It's kind of silly, if your book meets requirements send it.

Patouie avatar
Standard Member medalMember of the Month medalBook Cover Image Coordinator medalBook Data Approver medalTour Guide Asst. Coord. medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPBS Cruise Attendee medalPBS Blog Contributor medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 4/29/2017 12:11 AM ET

:-) You could turn on your RCs only if you are ordering McKillip's books, turn them off for all others. Just a possibility.

bookbuggg avatar
Standard Member medalBook Cover Image Group medalBook Data Correction Group medal
Date Posted: 4/29/2017 11:15 AM ET

Ohh good point Patty!

sarap avatar
Member of the Month medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 4/29/2017 5:57 PM ET

Well, I understand it, but I would actually re-write it anyway to make it even more clear. I have found it's better to give people a super clear statement of what you want. Also, I would add a Thank you to it.

If the book I requested IS NOT authored by Patricia A. McKillip - I have no special conditions. Please feel free to mail your book to me.

If the book I requested IS authored by Patricia A. McKillip - It should not be a former library book, it should have no markings of any kind, and if it is a hardcover, it must have the dust jacket.  This applies only to books authored by Patricia A. McKillip.

Thanks very much!

Last Edited on: 4/29/17 5:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 4/30/2017 2:11 PM ET

If it's a wishlisted book that becomes available, the RC's would show up.

RockStarGirl avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 4/30/2017 11:54 PM ET

This is where it would be nice to be able to apply conditions only to certain books on our WL. You know, with a little checkbox or something next to them that said, "Apply RC to this book?" with a yes or no. Probably most people wouldn't need to utilize that so it would be a wasted feature, but still.

katewisdom avatar
Date Posted: 5/2/2017 2:53 AM ET

Something to watch out for - there are some members that won't send to anyone with an RC (even if it's a specific RCs like "this only applies to..."), but also won't send if it isn't on auto so they won't give you a chance either way. You can't please everyone all of the time...

I thought that the RC was clear.