Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: no response to BOB offers

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Subject: no response to BOB offers
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 11:35 AM ET
Member Since: 5/3/2006
Posts: 1
Back To Top

I wonder if anyone knows how to tell if a person no longer belongs or if they are on vacation or otherwise on hold.

I have several BOB offers that I am getting no response from. Is there a specific time when you just cancel and move on or do you cancel and run it through again as a new offer? I am talking about weeks (not days) of no response. Someone mentioned the Boxer feedback system  but I haven't found that yet. Yes, I am fairly new and still finding my way around. Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks,

Syl

Date Posted: 7/25/2007 12:32 PM ET
Member Since: 8/18/2005
Posts: 7,977
Back To Top


Last Edited on: 3/26/09 10:07 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 12:53 PM ET
Member Since: 11/13/2005
Posts: 510
Back To Top

I'd suggest you send a PM, and if you don't get a reply to the PM within a few days, then go ahead and cancel.

Angie -
Date Posted: 7/25/2007 12:58 PM ET
Member Since: 2/24/2007
Posts: 3,299
Back To Top

I personally only wait a few days and then just cancel. I figure if it takes them awhile to even respond one way or another, they most likely won't be too prompt about mailing, marking it received, etc.

Date Posted: 7/25/2007 1:07 PM ET
Member Since: 8/30/2006
Posts: 172
Back To Top

I, too, would pm first and then wait maybe a few days to a week and then cancel. I have one myself that I pm'd a couple days ago about. I have my bob on hold and was wondering if that was preventing them from picking out any books. But, I haven't received an answer yet. I'll probably wait a bit longer.

When an offer has been accepted, then you have an opportunity to give feedback. And once it's given, it can't be changed.

Date Posted: 7/25/2007 1:22 PM ET
Member Since: 9/30/2006
Posts: 6,842
Back To Top

I would wait for a week or so, then if the person does not respond, send them a PM telling them pleasantly that if you don't hear from them in 2-3 days you will have to decline their kind offer.  Then decline and move on.