is a writer of over 50 books on baseball, coin and stamp collecting and Memorabilia. He is a numismatist. He was born in October 1929 and grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. Robert Obojski attended Western Reverse University (Now Case Western University) and graduated with a BA in History in 1951, a MA in English in 1952 and his Ph.d in 1955 in American Studies. His dissertation was "Robert Grant: Satirist of Old Boston and Intellectual Leader of the New." His books include Bush League: a History of Minor League Baseball
(1975), Great Moments of the Playoffs & World Series
(1988), The Rise of Japanese Baseball Power
He has also written A First Stamp Album for Beginners
(1984) where his famous quote was: "The fact that stamp collecting has long been the most popular hobby in the world, with over 16 million enthusiast in the United States alone, is a good indication of how much fascination and appeal these colorful pieces of gummed paper exert."
Other books written, co-written or edited by Robert Obojski:
- Out-of-Left-Field Baseball Trivia: Hundreds of Facts and Figures for the Truly Die-Hard Fan written with Wayne Stewart (2006)
- Baseball's Zaniest Moments (1999)
- All-Star Baseball (1980) with an introduction by Ralph Kiner
- Baseball Bloopers and Other Curious Incidents (1989)
- Baseball Memorabilia (1992)
- Baseball's Strangest Moments (1988)
- Big Book of Baseball Brainteasers written with Dom Forker and Wayne Stewart (2004) 
- Boxing Memorabilia written with Bill Cayton (1992)
- Catalogue of the World's Most Popular Coins by Fred Reinfeld and Burton H. Hobson, edited by Robert Obojski (1986)
- Coin Collecting as a Hobby written by Burton H. Hobson edited by Robert Obojski (1986)
- Coin Collector's Price Guide (1995)
- Great Moments of the Playoffs and World Series (1990)
- Illustrated Encyclopedia of World Coins written with Burton Hobson (1983)
- Ships & Explorers on Coins (1970)
- Poland in Pictures
- Prodigy at the Piano: The Amazing Story of Frank "Sugarchile" Robinson (1962)
- All-Star Baseball Since 1933, A Little Giant Book: Weird & Wacky Facts written with K. R. Hobbie, Arkady Leokum, Sheryl Lindsell-Roberts.
Dr. Obojski has taught at Detroit Institute of Technology (1955-60), Western Kentucky State College (1962-64), Alliance College -Cambridge Springs, PA (1964-66, 1967-69), Edinboro University (1966-67), and Delaware State College (1970-72) Full Professor.
Dr. Obojski has worked as contributing editor for Sports Collectors Digest, Global Stamp News, Linn's Weekly Stamp News.
He is a on-going contributor to Teddy Bear Review as well as publications from Sterling Publishing. He presently resides in Port Washington, NY.