Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK)

Topic: ***SEPT WISHES****

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
IlliniAlum83 avatar
Standard Member medalPBS Cruise Attendee medal
Subject: ***SEPT WISHES****
Date Posted: 8/31/2018 11:09 PM ET

REMINDER:  The RAOK forum is open to the public, not just to PBS members.  To protect your privacy, the 3 monthly recurring threads are intended to be limited to just what their titles say - Wishes, RAOK offers, and Thanks for wishes granted.  In other words, the posts in these 3 threads should be originating messages only.  Responses to, or chat about, those posts should be by private PMs.  Chatting is welcome in the Share and Care forum, which is limited to PBS members, and where card showers and prayer chains are available for anyone who asks for support.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Wishes thread, where we post our wishes - maybe things we collect, something we can no longer find in our area, things we have always wanted etc, etc. No wish is too unusual (though common sense is appreciated!); you never know what will turn up.

We must all abide by these PBS rules :
You may not wish for money or money-like items such as gift cards and stamps, or for monetary donations for any charities.  You may ask for things you collect for charities, such as cancelled stamps, pop can tabs, etc., but you may not solicit funding. This includes donations for GoFundMe and other fund-raising events.
No buying or selling or advertising. No spam posts.
No wishing for credits.  Credits are bought, sold and loaned only in the Book Bazaar forum, or you may use the PBS Kiosk to purchase them.
Do NOT ask for books, since books are swapped on the site and book deals are made in the Book Bazaar. Sorry, but you may not ask for free books of any kind. (Unpostable books are given away in the damaged book thread of the Bazaar and sometimes in the RAOK thread.  There is also a Damaged/Unpostable Virtual Box in the Games forum.  New participants are welcome!)

Our own RAOK rules: 
Please do not offer payment for the things you are sent, including postage. RAOKs are given freely, asking nothing in return except a thank you. You could pay it forward by granting a wish yourself.
Please limit your wishes to no more than 10. Lists could get very long. You can always edit as you go along.
Unlike many other forums, we ask that you do NOT reply within the threads. We do everything by PMs between members. This keeps the threads clutter-free and easy to use. When you come to this ***Wishes*** thread, you see wishes. In the ***RAOK*** thread, it's all about things we are giving away - simple and easy. And to protect your privacy, please do not post your address in the thread - it's all done via PM.
Please check in and answer your PMs. It's frustrating when people want to grant your wishes and don't hear from you!
PLEASE say THANK YOU to the person who grants your wish.  You may use our monthly ***Thank You*** thread, or you may acknowledge what you have received via a personal PM to the member(s) who granted your wishes. This is very important if you wish to continue to receive things from others.

Tips:
Check the RAOK thread before you post wishes -- the thing you want may already be there for the asking!  If you see a wish you can grant, just PM the poster for their address.
And please remember, if one of the moderators contacts you about a posting, then we are only trying to keep the forum running smoothly and according to PBS rules. If you are asked to change, move, or delete your post, please do so. Most of you know that the PBS team does get involved to edit posts, and accounts do get suspended, if rules are broken. We hate to see that happen to our fellow RAOKers!

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.  I wish that your wish(es) will be granted!

Last Edited on: 9/15/18 11:17 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Darlin-D avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 1:16 AM ET

It’s a long shot but I’m in need of a mortar & pestle. Hoping someone has one they no longer use squirreled away in the deep, dark recesses of their cabinets. 

Wish granted! Thank you Beth 

Last Edited on: 9/15/18 12:13 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
vickyt avatar
Vicky - ,
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 7:55 AM ET

Positive thoughts and prayers for all who are going through struggles.   

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 9:21 AM ET

Coupons for Buy,Buy, Baby

Boxtops for Education

Coupons for:  listerine, Special K cereals, Basic 4 cereal, bar soap, yogurt ( not Greek), Perrier water, Dasani sparkling water, flavored bottled waters, any brand kleenex (I know, I know 'facial issue'), almond milk (Silk or Almond Breeze), fabric softener.

Last Edited on: 9/22/18 9:24 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
libbylee1 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 10:49 AM ET

Any small toys for a classroom prize box for kids. Elementary school.

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 10:57 AM ET

Prayers for a Happy and healthy September to all :) 

I am always looking for cute teddy bear stickers. 

Coupons for listerine floss (only the floss, I do not use any other listerine products), Kleenex (:D Jeanne, it is, and always will be, Kleenex, to me, too), along with restaurant coupons for Coco's and Denny's. 

Thank you and God Bless You. 

vickinb avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 1:17 PM ET

I really need a new watch with large face & numbers, on leather band. I broke mine a couple days ago and I really depend on my watch. Stretch bands don't work for me because I have very small wrists and they're always too big, so a leather band works best. This is all I need this month so hope someone can help. Thanks so much.

Roses723 avatar
Limited Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/1/2018 7:54 PM ET

As usual...

Coupons for Activia (or any lactose free yogurt),Lactaid, Lean Cuisine or Marie Callender's frozen meals, Icy Hot patches. 

Thanks for looking :)

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/2/2018 4:31 PM ET

Looking for these toys from 99 store:They are vinyl characters from movies/tv. The brand is:"Pop Television or just "Pop"and I'm looking for the following characters: Star Wars Rebels:Chopper,Ezra,Hera,Sabine and Zeb.     The Strain:The master,Dr. Ephrim Goodweather,Vaun

Generic Profile avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/2/2018 7:20 PM ET

My wish is for a crazy Hawaiian shirt.  Larger sized please. The louder and more garish the better.
Long shot, I know.

But thanks for reading.     cool

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/3/2018 12:36 AM ET

Coupons for:

• cheese: Market Pantry, Kraft, Sargento, Cracker Barrel, Tillamook
  • yogurt (not light or 0% fat): Chobani, Brown Cow, Fage, Yoplait
  • whole wheat bread, hamburger buns, tortillas
  • whole bean coffee: Peets or Starbucks 
  • peanut butter: Laura Scudders or Adams 
  • Northern toilet paper
  • sour cream: Daisy, Knudsen, Market Pantry, Tillamook
  • sparkling water (no flavor or sweetener): Arrowhead, Pellegrino, Perrier
  • Heinz ketchup
  • jarred mustard
BostonBooks avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/4/2018 3:42 PM ET

My wishes:

Hugs & Prayers - Miss my mom and dad so much, i cry every day, everything reminds me of them, Mom 6/21/11 Dad 12/25/16

Coupons- premier drink supplement - weight watchers -nutrisystem, etc. 

Canon fine ink cartridges – 40 Black, 41 Color, 30 Black, 31 Color

HP printer ink cartrides 1000

Sewing print or preprinted material (8yr old just started to sew with her aunt and looking for easy prints she can cut and sew)

Thank you, any wish you may grant is very much appreciated, Blessings.

Last Edited on: 9/8/18 7:11 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
conniej76 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/6/2018 7:35 PM ET

My wishes are:

1.Coupons-any you have extra of and or internet coupons.My mom and I greatly appreciate them and use as much as we can.:)

2. Any kind of fall or harvest you don't want or can't use-especially anything with leaves or trees.

3. Anything Coca-Cola-can be paper items like recipes.

4. Wonder woman items even clothes...love her!

5. Room diffuser or oil

6. Dvds-anything but pure horror-will take them without a case or gently scratched.:)

Thank you for reading. Post your unique or odd wishes..might be able to help you out. 

Heather-and-Raven avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/7/2018 2:42 PM ET

Would be nice to get some fun in my mailbox!

• Anything cute pandas
  • Anything cute unicorns
  • Anything cute penguins
  • Lisa Frank paper stationery

Thank you

Generic Profile avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 9/9/2018 10:23 PM ET

I'm helping my sister complete her daughter's Shopkins Cutie cars collection. Any unwanted cutie cars would be greatly appreciated! :)

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 9/12/2018 10:14 AM ET

Prayers and good wishes for ALL in the path of this hurricane's destructive power!

catsrus59 avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/12/2018 10:03 PM ET

Wishes:

If anyone has any extra embossing folders you're not using ,I'd be happy to have them to craft with.Something new that I just tried an I like it.

Scallop shape paper punch

Also looking for a memorydex card two hole puncher.....having a hard time finding one.Either out of stock or been discontinued.

Thank you to anyone that has any of these .

Last Edited on: 9/12/18 10:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
americancheese avatar
Date Posted: 9/13/2018 8:03 PM ET

I am looking for the movie Six Pack starring Kenny Rogers. It can be VHS. If anyone has any racing movies from the 80's or 90's I would be happy to have them.

whitegardenia avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 9/16/2018 7:15 PM ET

Happy Birthday to all Sept babies.......me, too

Unwanted, broken not needed jewelry and loose rhinestones (not glue on but type to go in brooches, etc)

Continued prayers for Helen(sister) and me

IlliniAlum83 avatar
Date Posted: 9/22/2018 9:25 AM ET

added a wish to my list on page 1

seacat66 avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 9/23/2018 3:36 PM ET

any fun mail, please

any maroon 5 music on cd, burned or original.

Last Edited on: 9/23/18 3:38 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
catlingmex avatar
Limited Member medal
Date Posted: 9/26/2018 9:32 AM ET

An unusual request:

I am in search of a good number of plain white plastic bendy drinkng straws for a craft project. 

I have found striped straws,  transparent ones, even neon-colored ones, but that's not what I need. They must be plain white, preferably bendy (although that is not indispensable), and preferably plastic (though paper ones would do in a pinch). They will be used to make cute little skeletons for Day of the Dead, which is why they must be white. I'd need at least 100 straws, since it takes 2 to make one skeleton and I plan to make a lot to give away. Can anyone help?

Generic Profile avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Triple Diamond medal
Subject: This thread is now closed!
Date Posted: 9/30/2018 2:43 PM ET

This thread is now closed.  Please switch to the October Wishes thread to post your wish requests.  Thanks!