SWEET POTATO BREAD
||5 / 10
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes, mostly drained*, mashed
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350º. Grease and flour 9x5 or 9½x5½-inch loaf pan.
2. In large bowl, combine sugar, water, oil, eggs and sweet potatoes; mix well.
3. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder; mix well.
4. Add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture. Mix until well combined. Stir in pecans. Pour evenly into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350º for 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
*Drain off all but about 2 tbsp. syrup and mash with sweet potatoes.