Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: Sara Paretsky Book Signing this Friday..in my City

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
mblisa avatar
Subject: Sara Paretsky Book Signing this Friday..in my City
Date Posted: 10/6/2009 8:55 PM ET

Im debating on whether I should take one of Sara Paretsky's books to have her sign it this Friday at a local book store.

I should buy her new book called "Hardball".~  Im a cozy book reader, ( not really interested in "the more graphic mysteries"..), so Im not sure what I will do..

Any ideas?

brat1 avatar
Friend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 10/6/2009 10:19 PM ET

Melissa, I say do it.  Meeting an author and having them sign a book for you would be cool!  And you never know, you might just find yourself interested in the genre. 

Sailorslady avatar
Date Posted: 10/6/2009 10:36 PM ET

I don't know about the store, but in Dallas, most stores required that you buy a book at the signing.  Some of them would let you bring your own books plus buy one, and some would just let you bring a book.

I think it would be cool to meet her!

mblisa avatar
Date Posted: 10/6/2009 11:39 PM ET

Thanks for the comments!  Im really thinking about going to the Book Signing..it sounds neat!

The only other author, that I have met..is when I met "Maryann" from Gilligans Island. She wrote a cookbook, and was at a local Mall.

I bought the book, had her sign it..took her picture, and put it in the book.  Its saved on my cookbook bookshelf.  :)

flfraidycat avatar
Date Posted: 10/8/2009 5:43 PM ET

So...did you go??

mblisa avatar
Date Posted: 10/9/2009 7:58 PM ET

No...I couldnt go.

I bet there were alot of people at the bookstore though!  The bookstore that Sara Paretsky is signing at tonight..is kind of small

"local" bookstore, ( not in a mall.)

Detective avatar
Subject: Author Book Signing
Date Posted: 10/10/2009 1:01 PM ET

Hello

Too bad you couldn't go Melissa.

I would love to have met her too.  I have read Sara Paretsky and I like V. I. Warshawski character.

Have never been to a book signing myself. 

Have a good day.

Helen L.