Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: searching

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Subject: searching
Date Posted: 6/13/2017 2:37 PM ET

When I search other members wishlists I use control f and search using the word reminder because those books are wl books I have read already.  It used to be I would do it 1 time and would search the page on that members wl.  Then I would go to the next page and it would search that page, as long as I hit the arrow.  Now  it doesn't work unless I do Control F for each page, and the arrow disappears and I have to erase the word and re type it  It doesn't carry throughout the entire wl.   Why?

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 6/13/2017 3:23 PM ET

This varies by browser. Has your browser updated itself, or did you switch browsers or install any add-ins?

In Chrome, the search box disappears when you go to a new page. You have to hit ctrl+f to bring it back then you have to search the new page for the text you want. In Firefox, the search box stays visible as you change pages, but you still have to click on the "next occurrence" arrow or press enter to actually search the new page.

starvinArtist avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 6/13/2017 3:38 PM ET

In Firefox, the search box stays visible as you change pages, but you still have to click on the "next occurrence" arrow or press enter to actually search the new page.

Right... but what's happening, that didn't happen before, is the arrows disappear when I change pages.  It struck me as weird that no one had any of my "reminder" on their page, so for the heck of it I erased the word and when I retyped it, all of a sudden, voila!   There were books on th page.  My browser-firefox- is the same and I always update it.  Says  

Congrats! You’re using the latest version of Firefox.

Cathy avatar
Cathy A. (Cathy) - ,
Date Posted: 6/13/2017 4:40 PM ET

The arrows (the ones to the right of the search box) stay visible on my Firefox. Mine just updated today, so it's also the latest version. The search function can't be affected by PBS since it is something that is running on your computer after the page loads, so this must be related to a setting on your computer or an add-in that's installed in your browser, but I don't know what it could be.