The Secrets to Good Grades Author:James Keogh HELP YOUR CHILD LEARN AND SUCCEED IN SCHOOL — These days, it's hard enough to figure out what homework our children are supposed to do, let alone motivate them to do it willingly and receptively. Not only are lesson plans different from those we grew up with, but so are teaching methods and strategies. What should be a breeze--helping kids get th... more »e most out of school--too often turns into a frustrating, confusing battle.
That's why parent, school board member, and columnist James Keogh has written The Secrets to Good Grades. In this focused, clear guide, he takes parents through grades one to six, giving them the knowledge and confidence to help their children ace their school work. Inside you'll learn how to
- Find the optimal time and location for homework
- Handle that timeless promise "I'll do it later" as well as complaints like "the teacher never taught this" or "they never offer any extra help"
- Talk your child through complex math problems
- Master everything you (and your children) need to know about test-taking
- Help your child use a computer to research, organize, and dress up homework
- Monitor both your child's performance and the school's input
Don't spend hours each night nagging about homework. Study The Secrets to Good Grades and learn how to be your child's coach and advocate through the elementary school years.« less