Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: There seems to be a growing number of

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Generic Profile avatar
Subject: There seems to be a growing number of
Date Posted: 2/11/2017 1:20 PM ET

a la carte members. That is my experience only. but I think several of the books I have requested lately are coming from a la cartes. From my perspective it doesn't make any difference. books still arrive. I hope the club continues to work okay with more and more a la cartes. If that is what is happening.

Last Edited on: 2/11/17 1:25 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Generic Profile avatar
Date Posted: 2/11/2017 2:21 PM ET

Makes sense because so many limited members have excess swaps so why renew unitl you have used up the swaps purchased with your limited membership. Everyone does use PBS differently but for me, I renew membership when I wish to obtain an additional 30 swaps at $0.40 cents per swap. The other features of membership have no value in my case. 

rutabaker avatar
Standard Member medal
Date Posted: 2/11/2017 2:43 PM ET

I'm still getting bags of WL books so the standard membership is for me. I would miss the 500 book WL at any other type of membership. I usually have a full WL plus about 200 to 300 more on my RL waiting to shift over when there's a space.

ETA I still have over 100 free swaps from when I still used PBS postage. Now that I'm not using PBS postage I save 55¢ on each package, plus the free swaps have been of no use to me so there was no point to continue acquiring them.

Last Edited on: 2/11/17 2:47 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
rebeccam avatar
Standard Member medalPrintable Postage medal
Date Posted: 2/11/2017 3:25 PM ET

I don't pay much attention and send the books I post to whoever wants them. I haven't paid any attention about those who have mailed to me either but will start. A 100 wishlist wouldn't work for me as I get books to multiple people so utilize all 500 spots. I also like the free PBS Postage once a month and being able to mail books to friends