- "I CROSS MY HEART" by Vicki Lewis Thompson (Sons of Chance #10) (A+++++) A deal with a devilishly sexy cowboy. Self-help guru Bethany Grace has returned home to clean up the now-decrepit family ranch after her father's death. Rather than just set the whole place ablaze (her first choice), she settles for a nice symbolic little blaze outside...until things get out of hand! Cowboy Nash Bledsoe is working at the Last Chance Ranch next door when he sees the smoke. Bethany is the last person he expects - or wants - to see. How can he explain that she's indirectly responsible for ruining his life? Still, there's an opportunity for Nash to buy the ranch if he can help restore it and the two strike a deal. But there's a whole lot of chemistry in the fine print and Nash is about to discover that where there's smoke, there's fire!
- "FALLING FOR MAX" by Shannon Stacey (Kowalski Family #9) (A+++++) Max Crawford has reached the point in life where he's starting to think about settling down. Unfortunately, he's always been a little awkward when it comes to social interactions and working from home doesn't help. He spends so much time alone, painting beautiful, historically accurate model trains, that half of Whitford has begun to joke that he may be a serial killer. Not exactly prime husband material. Tori Burns has found happiness in Maine, thanks in large part to her shifts at the Trailside Diner. She likes the work and she loves the local gossip. When shy, geeky Max Crawford becomes a regular, she's intrigued. When she finds out he's in the market for a wife, she's fascinated...and determined to help. Molding Max into every woman's dream turns out to be much easier than expected. But has Tori's plan worked a little too well? As she turns his comfortable life all sorts of upside down, she'll have to find a way to show just how she's fallen for him...the real him.
- "BE MY TEXAS VALENTINE" Out on these rugged plains, love never comes easy. And four daring ladies will do whatever it takes to capture the hearts of four irresistibly sweet-talking Texans. "THE VALENTINE'S CURSE" by Jodi Thomas (Whispering Mountain #6) (A+++++) When a quiet foreman comes to the aid of a mystery lady, they'll find that this perfect starlit night is made for courtin' "CUPID'S ARROW" by Linda Broday (New Author For Me) (A+++) A determined heiress gambles high to reclaim the rancher she's never stopped wanting. "LOVING MISS LAUREL" by Phyllis Miranda (New Author For Me) (A+++) When a spirited lady and a go-getter mayor compete for their town's future, it's two dreams for a lifetime. "SWEET TALK" by Dewanna Puce (New Author For Me) (A+++) To attract a lonely doctor's attention, a shy young woman needs courage - and two unlikely matchmakers.
- "THE MAIDEN'S HAND" by Susan Wiggs (The Tudor Rose Trilogy #2) (A++++) Roguishly handsome Oliver de Lacey has always lived lustily: wine, weapons and women are his bywords. Even salvation from the noose by a shadowy society provides no epiphany to mend his debauched ways. Mistress Lark's sole passion is her secret work with a group of Protestant dissidents thwarting the queen's executions. She needs no other excitement - until Oliver de Lacey drops through the hangman's door and into her life. As their fates become inextricably bound together in a struggle against royal persecution, both Oliver and Lark discover a love worth saving...even dying for.
- "ONCE IN A LIFETIME" by Jill Shalvis (Lucky Harbor #9) (A+++++) Sometimes wrong is oh-so-right. After a wrenching loss, Ben McDaniel tried to escape his grief by working in dangerous, war-torn places like Africa and the Middle East. Now he's back in his hometown and face-to-face with Aubrey Wellington, the hot-as-hell woman who is trouble with a capital T. Family and friends insist she's not the one to ease his pain, but Aubrey sparks an intense desire that gives Ben hope for the future. Determined to right the wrongs of her past, Aubrey is working hard to make amends. But by far, the toughest challenge to her plan is sexy, brooding Ben - even though he has absolutely no idea what she's done. Can this unlikely couple defy the odds and win over the little town of Lucky Harbor?
- "COWBOY BOOTS FOR CHRISTMAS (COWBOY NOT INCLUDED) by Carolyn Brown (Burnt Boot, Texas #1) (A+++++) 'Tis the season for...Feasting - frolicking and...feuding? All he wants to Christmas is peace and quiet...After two tours in Afghanistan, retired Army sniper Finn O'Donnell believes his new ranch outside the sleepy little town of Burnt Boot, Texas, is the perfect place for an undisturbed holiday season. But before he can settle in, an old friend shows up looking for protection and a place where nobody knows her name. But that's going to take a miracle...Callie Brewster must relocate to protect her young nephew, Martin, and the only person she trusts is her old Army friend, Finn. Burnt Boot seems like the perfect place to be anonymous, but it turns out a small town with big drama is no place to hide.
- "HOT BLOODED" by Lisa Jackson (Bentz/Montoya: New Orleans #1) (unabridged Audible) (A+++++) First one dead body - A prostitute lies strangled in a seedy French Quarter hotel room. Miles away, in a rambling plantation house on the sultry shores of Lake Ponchartrain, popular late-night radio host Dr Samantha Leeds receives a threatening crank call. All in a day's work for a celebrity. Who would think to link the two? A second hooker's corpse turns up. Samantha's ominous caller persists, along with a mysterious female claiming to be a woman from her past - a woman who's been dead for years. With Detective Rick Benz convinced that the serial killer prowling the shadowy streets of New Orleans is somebody close to Samantha, she doesn't date trust anyone. Especially Ty Wheeler, her seductive new neighbors who seems to know about her than a stranger should. And another - Somebody has discovered Samantha's darkest secret. Somebody is convinced that lives must be sacrificed to pay for her sins. So far, the victims have been strangers. Prostitutes. But as a cunning, cold-blooded killer grows bolder, Samantha wonders in dread if she will be the next to die.
- "A TALL DARK COWBOY" by MacKenzie McKade (A++++++) Just looking for a good time...Waiting tables in a bar full of no-good cowboys isn't Lacy Mason's idea of fun. But between her daughter's illness, endless doctor bills and her college tuition, she needs the money. What she could really use is a night of no-holds-barred passion and no-strings-attached sex. Too bad she has sworn off cowboys for life. A guy walks into a bar...Full-time executive and retired cowboy Wyatt Anderson is drawn to Lacy from the moment he sees her. But she's an enigma. Daring and assured one moment and hesitant the next, it's as if something haunts her. Only willing to give him one night, Lacy clings tightly to her secrets. Unfortunately for her, what Wyatt wants, Wyatt gets. And he definitely wants Lacy.
- "EVER AFTER AT SWEETHEART RANCH" by Emma Cane (Valentine Valley #6) (A+++++) The only thing hotter than a cowboy...is a cowboy in love. Math teacher Lyndsay De Luca never surprised anyone - least of all herself - until this summer. First, she secretly published her debut romance novel. Then, she tarted dating Will Sweet, the cowboy of her dreams. And now, Lyndsay's scrambling to hide the juiciest tidbit of all: that the hazel-eyed hero of her steamy fiction is the same guy whose kisses have become her mind-blowing reality. Ever since Will's high-school sweetheart died in a tragic accident, he hasn't been able to commit to a long-term relationship. Lyndsay is the first woman in years who's been able to catch - and keep - his attention. When they team up to teach Valentine's teens about ranch life, Will discovers it's not just her sexy-as-hell smile that has him hooked. Will she be the one to finally break down the walls around his guarded heart?
- "CHESAPEAKE BLUE" by Nora Roberts (Chesapeake Bay #4) (A+++++) Seth Quinn is finally home. It's been a long journey. After a harrowing boyhood with his drug-addicted mother, he'd been taken in by the Quinn family, growing up with three older brothers who'd watched over him with love. Now a grown man returning from Europe as a successful painter, Seth is settling down on Maryland's Eastern Shore, surrounded once again by Cam, Ethan and Phil, their wives and children, all the blessed chaos of the extended Quinn clan. Finally, he's back in the little blue-and-white house where there's always a boat at the dock, a rocker on the porch and a dog in the yard. Still, a lot has changed in St. Christopher since he's been gone - and the most intriguing change of all is the presence of Dru Whitcomb Banks. A city girl who's opened a florist shop in this seaside town, she craves independence and the challenge of establishing herself without the influence of her wealthy connections. In Seth, she sees another kind of challenge - a challenge that she can't resist.
- "KEEP ME SAFE" by Maya Banks (Slow Burn #1) (A++++) Nothing is more dangerous than falling in love...When Caleb Devereaux's younger sister is kidnapped, the scion of a powerful and wealthy family turns to an unlikely source for help: a beautiful and sensitive woman with a gift for finding answers others cannot. While Ramie can connect to victims and locate them by feeling their pain, her ability comes with a price. Every time she uses it, it costs her a piece of herself. Helping the infuriatingly attractive and impatient Caleb successfully find his sister nearly destroys her. Even though his sexual intensity draws her like a magnet, she needs to get as far away from him as she can. Deeply remorseful for the pain he's caused, Caleb is determined to make things right. But just when he thinks Ramie's vanished forever, she reappears. She's in trouble and she needs his help. Now Caleb will risk everything to protect her - including his heart.
- "TAKING CHASE" by Lauren Dane (Chase Brothers #2) (A+++++) Cassie Gambol is on the run. In what seems like another lifetime, her ex-husband nearly ended her life and effectively ended her successful career as a vascular surgeon. But even though the justice system found him guilty of attempted murder, he fled while awaiting sentencing and Carly Sunderland became Cassie Gambol. Fleeing Los Angeles, she heads to small and off the map Petal, Georgia to start her life again. Shane Chase, a man who's held himself away from commitment since his fiancee dumped him sever years before knows the beautiful newcomer is hiding something. He's wildly attracted to her strength and her underlying vulnerability as well. But the last thing Cassie wants is another big, overwhelming man who wants to control her life. A battle begins between Shane, who knows what he wants and Cassie, who knows she needs to do everything she can to keep a distance between herself and the very handsome sheriff. But Cassie's ex is back and he wants her dead.
- "ON THE RUN" by Jo David (Sugarland Blue #4) (A+++++) Detective Tonio Salvatore of the Sugarland PD always puts his job first - until a beautiful piece of trouble has him questioning the rules he's sworn to live by. Tonio knows that loneliness is the price he has to pay to avoid being hurt again. But the strictly by-the-book cop has never expected to be blindsided by a woman who pulls him right out of his self-imposed isolation. Angel Silva isn't just from the wrong side of the tracks - she's on the wrong side of the law. She's desperate to break free from her dangerous brother and his gang, but when a sexy new recruit joins them, Angel is more trapped than ever - because he ruthless Tonio Reyes isn't what he seems. When she discovers the man she's falling for is one of Sugarland's finest, she's forced to go on the run Instead of taking Angel into custody, Tonio finds himself risking his career to keep her safe. And as the beautiful woman tears down all his defenses, Tonio realizes he'll risk his very life to set her free.
- "A WINTER WEDDING" by Brenda Novak (Whiskey Creek #9) (A++++++) (I received a PDF ARC of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review) One Christmas can change your life? Kyle Houseman believes he'll never find anyone he could love as much as Olivia Arnold, who's now married to his stepbrother. Not only did he lost her, he's been through one divorce and has no desire to go through another. He's determined to be extra careful about the next woman he gets involved with is why he fights his attraction to the beautiful stranger who rents his farmhouse for the Christmas holiday. Lourdes Bennett is a country music artist. She's only planning to stay in Whiskey Creek long enough to write the songs for her next album - the album that's going to put her back on top. Her dreams don't include settling in a town even smaller than the one she escaped. But as she comes to know Kyle, she begins to wonder if she'd be making a terrible mistake to leave him behind?
- "HEAT EXCHANGE" by Shannon Stacey (Boston Fire #1) (A+++++) Lydia Kincaid left Boston to get away from the firefighting community - but family is number one and her father needs her help running the pub he bought when he retired. Soon, Lydia finds it hard to resist the familiar comfort and routine, and even harder to resist her brother's handsome friend Aidan. Aidan Hunt is a firefighter because of the Kincaid family. He's had the hots for Lydia for years, but if ever a woman wa off-limits to him, it's her She's his mentor's daughter. His best friend's sister. The ex-wife of a fellow firefighter. But his plan to play it cool fails and soon he an Lydia have crossed a line they can't uncross. As flirtation turns into something more serious, Lydia knows she should be planning her escape. Being a firefighter's wife was the hardest thing she's ever done and she doesn't know if she has the strength to do it again. Aidan can't imagine walking away from Boston Fire - the job and the brotherhood are his life. But if he wants Lydia in it, he'll have to decide who's first in his heart.
- "AGAINST THE WIND" by Kat Martin (Brodies of Alaska #1) (A++++++) Alaska - where the men as as bold and untamed as America's last wilderness. It's been three years since Lane Bishop tragically lost her fiance and she's finally ready to risk her heart on someone else. The hot look in Dylan Brodie's eyes says he's going to be that man. But when Lane flies to the remote 1930's fishing lode to help him renovate, she discovers a little girl who won't speak, eerie legends and strange sounds in the night. When she investigates the history of the lodge, she uncovers a legacy of injustice and murder. As danger stalks his daughter and the woman he is coming to love, Dylan must risk everything to uncover the shocking truth.
- "MAKE ME LOSE CONTROL" by Christie Ridgway (Cabin Fever #2) (A++++++) As live-in tutor to a headstrong teen, Shay Walker has her hands full - and the girl's absentee father doesn't help matters, either. All Shay wants is to let loose and indulge in a birthday fling with the hottest stranger who's ever caught her eye. But her one-night stand turns out to be Jace Jennings, her student's long-distance dad...and now he's taking up residence - at his lakeside estate and in Shay's most secret fantasies. Jace isn't exactly a family man, but he's determined to do his best by his daughter - and the first step is forgetting how hot he is for her teacher. But close proximity and their heated connection keeps Shay at the forefront of his mind - even as it's obvious she holds her heart in check. So does Jace. Until they both realize that losing control just might mean finding forever.
- "RUNNING WILD" by Susan Andersen (Sisterhood Diaries #4) (A+++++) They can't escape the heat. Magdalene Deluca isn't the damsel-in-distress type. But if she has to involve a stranger in a dangerous chase through South America, she's glad Finn Kavanagh's the guy she sucked into her problems. Very glad. The man oozes sex and magnetic confidence. And since their connection is steamier than the sultry rain forest, why waste time resisting him? Finn's peaceful vacation is blown to bits the second Mags strides into view. For years he's ignored his family's pleas to settle down. now he's falling hard for a blonde force of nature who's allergic to commitment. First he has to keep Mags safe as they search for her missing parents. Then they can determine if it's time to stop running - and take a chance on the wildest thrill he's ever known.
- "IF I STAY" by Tamara Morgan (New Author For Me) (Montgomery Manor #1) (A+++++) Ryan Lucas would rather be anywhere but Ransom Creek, Connecticut. After losing his high-adrenaline career as a Hollywood stunt driver, he's had to tuck his tail between his legs and take up employment as a chauffeur for the Montgomery's, a wealthy hotelier family. Amy Sanders has returned home to Ransom Creek to take over her mother's former position as nanny to the Montgomerys - bringing her close to dashing Jake montgomery once again. She grew up with a major crush on Jake and it's not easy to leave those feelings behind, even though her friendship with the hard-edged family chauffeur, Ryan, has a sizzling undercurrent of undeniable attraction. Amy's determined to prove to Ryan that life at Montgomery Manor isn't all bad, but each time they draw closer, Jake swoops in. Amy is torn between two men - and two worlds. And Ryan is rapidly coming to learn that if he wants to make Amy his, he'll have to prove to her that life downstairs can be everything they both want.
- "PERFECT TOGETHER" by Carly Phillips (Serendipity's Finest #3) (Serendipity #6) (A+++++) In the picturesque town of Serendipity, New York, three siblings have grown up in the shadow of their proud and respected police chief father. But what do love, fate and fortune have in store for the next generation of Serendipity's finest? Tired of being the easygoing daughter, always ignored in favor of her high-maintenance sister and no longer interested in being her fiance's trophy wife, Nicole Farnsworth calls off her wedding. All she wants is to be herself. And where better to find her destiny than Serendipity? The place where she met the one man who made her heart beat faster and gave her the courage to reinvent her life - even if he doesn't know it. Officer Sam Marsden calls Serendipity home and he loves it there - even though his childhood sweetheart was stolen by his best friend. After such heartbreak, Sam fears he can't trust his instincts when it comes to love. Yet he's so tempted by Nicole, a woman he met only briefly but who has starred in his dreams ever since. For Nicole and Sam, opening their hearts one more time could change their lives forever. But who'll be the first to take that chance?
- "ONCE TEMPTED" by Laura Moore (Silver Creek Trilogy #1) (A+++++) Oldest son Ward Knowles feels the sprawling California ranch in his blood. And now that the family business has expanded to include a popular resort, he's working harder than ever. Silver Creek is his legacy and his life, which is fine for the ruggedly sexy ladies' man and committed bachelor. Love and trust don't come easily for Ward since he lost his heart to a gold digger - until he meets a shy, unpretentious beauty whose sweet grace is about to turn his jaded heart into a hungry one. Tess Casari has found sanctuary at Silver Creek, working as an assistant to Ward's mother, Adele. Grateful for her busy new life running the ranch's spa and resort, Tess can escape the heartbreak, humiliation and secret shame of her failed marriage. The last thing she needs is temptation - especially from a man who reminds her so much of the husband who shattered her faith in love. But passion and destiny are about to change the rules for two people who have stopped believing in the healing power of love.
- "A HUSBAND OF HER OWN" by Brenda Novak (Dundee, Idaho #2) (A+++++) Who's going to win the battle of Dundee, Idaho? The town's bad girl or its favorite son? Rebecca Wells desperately wants to overcome her reputation. She's finally trying to put an end to her twenty-four-year rivalry with the perfect Josh Hill, a rivalry that began when she was a kid and the Hills moved in across the street. Great-looking, popular, a successful horse rancher, Josh is Dundee's golden boy - and the son her father always wanted. But even when her father insists they call a truce, it's hard for Rebecca to drop her resentment of Josh. She refuses to acknowledge that she feels more for him than she's ever let on. The man she loves to hate is also the man she'd hate to love!
- "BEFORE WE KISS" by Susan Mallery (Fool's Gold #14) (A+++++) Former pro-football kicker Sam Ridge has notoriously bad luck with women - from cheaters to fame chasers. Still, the gorgeous brunette at the bar in Fool's Gold looks harmless - until she takes him home and he discovers a room devoted to securing a man, or life. Dellina Hopkins never guessed that storing gowns from a friend's bridal boutique would chase away her first and only fling After her parents died, she skipped her "wild youth" to raise her sisters. She doesn't want forever from Sam, but one night - all night - would've been nice. His clean getaway gets messy when his firm hires Dellina to plan an event. As long hours lead to late nights, the two succumb to temptation again. Has Sam's luck finally changed? Or this time, will Dellina be the one to run?
- "WINTER AT MUSTANG RANCH" by Jesse Hayworth (Mustang Ranch #2) (A+++++) The Skye family rebel never wanted to be a cowgirl...and she sure didn't plan on coming home for good. Grateful to her twin for keeping Mustang Ranch in the family, Jenny Skye agrees to return home for a month so her sister can get away. It's the middle of winter and only a few year-round staffers, her family and the animals will be there. ut the globe-trotting videographer is soon in way over her head at the dude ranch, dealing with reservations, her redecorating-obsessed mother and the town's hunky new veterinarian. Despite his adventurous past, Nick Masterson is putting down roots in Mustang Ridge. When a stray dog, a missing family member and a snowstorm conspire to throw him and Jenny together, there's no denying the blaze of attraction. But can a relationship that began in the heat of the moment turn into something more for a woman who's always been eager to put her hometown behind her?
- "THE LOTUS EATERS" by Tatjana Soli (A+++++) (unabridged Audible) On a stifling day in 1975, the North Vietnamese army is poised to roll into Saigon. As the fall of the city begins, two lovers make their way through the streets to escape to a new life. Helen Adams, an American photojournalist, must take leave of a war she is addicted to and a devastated country she has come to love. Linh, the Vietnamese man who loves her, must grapple with his own conflicted loyalties of heart and homeland. As they race to leave, they play out a drama of devotion and betrayal that spins them back through twelve war-torn years, beginning in the splendor of Angkor Wat, with their mentor, larger-than-life war correspondent Sam Darrow, once Helen's infuriating love and fiercest competitor and Linh's secret keeper, boss and truest friend.
- "AGAINST THE SKY" by Kat Martin (Brodies of Alaska #2) (A+++++) Alaska...in America's last wilderness there are no limits to what a man can do. For detective Nick Brodie, that means keeping the perps off the streets of Anchorage 24/7. Nick has never backed down from danger, but after the horrors he's seen, he's definitely in need of a break. Samantha Hollis never thought she'd meet anyone like Nick, especially in a place like Las Vegas. But after one reckless, passionate night, she discovers the charismatic stranger is everything she wants in a man. But can he ever be anything more than a one-night stand? When Nick invites her to Alaska, Samantha decides to find out, never guessing the depths she'll discover in him or the tangle of murder, kidnapping and danger about to engulf them both.
- "THE KISS" by G.A. Hauser (New Author For Me) (A++++) Twenty-five year old actor Scott Epstein is no stranger to the modeling industry. He's done it himself between acting jobs. So when his sister, Claire, casts him in a chewing-gum commercial with the famous British model, Ian Sullivan, he doesn't ask any questions. He's a professional. He'll show up, hit his mark, say his lines and collect his paycheck. Right? Ian Sullivan is used to making heads turn. Stunningly handsome, he's accustomed to provocative photo shoots where sex sells everything from perfume to laundry soap. Ian was thrilled when Claire Epstein cast him in the new Minty gum commercial. He has to kiss his co-star on screen? No problem. Until he finds out Scott is the one he has to kiss! Never before has a commercial featured two men, kissing on screen. Claire knows that the advertisement will be ground-breaking and Scott knows that his sister needs his performance to be perfect. As the filming progresses and the media circus begins around the controversial advertisement, the chemistry between Ian and Scott heats up and the two men quite simply burn up the screen. Is it all an act? Or, have Ian and Scott entered into a clandestine affair that will lead them to love?
- "THE GIRLS OF MISCHIEF BAY" by Susan Mallery (Mischief Bay #1) (A+++++) Nicole Lord wants to be a good wife, but there's a difference between being supportive and supporting her husband, who quit his job to write a screenplay she's never seen. He won't even help take care of their son, leaving Nicole to run the house and work full-time. Sacrificing a personal life for her career is how Shannon Rigg became VP at her firm, but she wonders now whether she made the right choice. An exciting new relationship with a great guy convinces her that it might not be too late - until he drops a bombshell that has her questioning whether she really can have it all. Although Pam Eiland adores her husband, she feels restless now that the kids are grown. Finding sexy new ways to surprise him brings the heat and humor back to their marriage, but when unexpected change turns her life upside down, she'll have to redefine herself. Again. Through romance and heartbreak, laughter and tears, the girls of Mischief Bay will discover that life is richer with friends at your side.
- "WEREWOLF IN THE NORTH WOODS" by Vicki Lewis Thompson (Mad About You #2) (A+++++) Everyone knows that Bigfoot doesn't exist: just as a werewolf. When she used to walk around her grandfather's property outside Portland, Abby Winchell loved the idea that Bigfoot was somewhere out there too. Now her grandfather swears he's seen two creatures that fit the legendary description - and he has evidence. Sort of. Grandpa Earll may be a bit dotty, but when his neighbors invite a renowned anthropologist to disprove his theory, Abby decides to send the man packing...until she sees how hot he is. Anthropology professor Roarke Wallace can't risk news being made of a Bigfoot sighting in the north woods - not with a local pack of werewolves to protect. Disproving the evidence should be easy, but ignoring Abby is not. Her fiery red hair makes him want to sit up and beg and this obvious is making the pack suspicious.
- "DEVOTED IN DEATH" by J.D. Robb (In-Death #41) (unabridged Audible) (A++++++) Eve Dallas tracks a couple whose passion is fueled by cold brutality. When Lieutenant Eve Dallas examines a body in a downtown Manhattan alleyway, the victim's injuries are so extensive that she almost misses the clue. Carved into the skin is the shape of a heart and initials inside reading E and D. Ella-Lou and her boyfriend, Darryl, had been separated while Darryl was a guest of the state of Oklahoma, and now that his sentence has been served they don't ever intend to part again. Ella-Loos's got dreams. And Darryl believes there are better ways to achieve your dreams than working for them. So they hit the road, and when their car breaks down in Arkansas, they make plans to take someone else's. Then things get messy and they wind up killing someone, an experience that stokes a fierce, wild desire in Ella-Loo. A desire for Darryl. And a desire to kill again. As they cross state lines on their way to New York to find the life they think they deserve, they leave a trail of evil behind them. But now they've landed in the jurisdiction of Lieutenant Dallas and her team at the New York Police and Security Department. And with her husband, Roarke, at her side, she has every intention of hunting them down and giving them what they truly deserve.
- "THE SECRET SISTER" by Brenda Novak Fairham Island #1) (I received a PDF copy of this book in exchange for my honest review) (A++++++) Did she once have a sister? Has her mother lied all these years? Why? After a painful divorce, Maisey Lazarow returns to Fairham, the small island off the North Carolina coast where she grew up. She goes there to heal and to help her brother, Keith, a deeply troubled man who's asked her to come home. But she refuses to stay in the family house. The last person she wants to see is the wealthy, controlling mother she escaped years ago. Instead, she finds herself living next door to some else she'd prefer to avoid, Rafe Romero, the wild, reckless boy to whom she lost her virginity at sixteen. He's back on the island, and to her surprise, he's raising a young daughter alone. Maisey's still attracted to him, but her heart's too broken to risk. Then something even more disturbing happens. She discovers a box of photographs that evoke distant memories of a little girl, a child Keith remembers also. Maisey believes the girl must've been their sister, but their mother claims there was no sister. Maisey's convinced that child existed. So where is she now?
CURRENTLY READING -
- "Never Been Kissed" by Molly O'Keefe (Boys of Bishop #2)
- "Zoo" by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO -
Last Edited on: 9/30/15 6:58 PM ET - Total times edited: 50