Discussion Forums - Mystery & Thrillers

Topic: September, crisp air, pretty leaves, and pumpkins what are you reading?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:   Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
Geri (geejay) -
Date Posted: 9/30/2016 6:44 PM ET

Thanks for the link Charles.  I couldn't find anything about the uniforms and just caught one quick video about the Bengals.  When I tried to find more even that disappeared.  Joy, you're right, talk about gore!

Date Posted: 9/30/2016 7:53 PM ET

Geri - What's the name of the Moriarty book you discussed with the woman doctor? It sounds like something I would enjoy reading. 

The $12 membership does not give one access to the forums. That was one of the reasons I finally bit the bullet and paid the additional.

Date Posted: 9/30/2016 10:18 PM ET

Mary P. - the one I read was on Kindle and this is the title: Moriarty: Anna Kronberg Bundle Kindle Edition

Date Posted: 10/1/2016 1:17 AM ET

the first year of the paid membership I used the limited level and I had access to the forums. I think it is only the a la carte members that do not have the forums. If you look over the forums you see many people with the limited symbol and they post here.

Geri (geejay) -
Date Posted: 10/1/2016 10:50 AM ET

Yes, Jeanne and I had the same book andI think you would like it Mary.  It's actually a trilogy.  The first is The Devil's Grin and the books can be bought seperately, more expensive, or this one.  I read a review and the person was complaining about the editing.  I thin it must have been one of the seperate books because you know I don't put up with that.  I won't finish a book that's badly edited.  Take it back I did have one that had a good story and gritted my teeth just to finish it!

Charles is right, it's just the a la carte members that can't access the forums.  I wish that PBS would allow limited access for them.  Maybe one or two of their favorites.  The limied symbol is silver compared to gold for standard.  In fact I just looked and the last thing mentioned in the limited area is Unlimited Personal Messaging and posting  in Discussion Forums.

You can let your paid membership drop and go back and pay for one if you decide paid is better than not.   

After my diverion to more "gritty" thriller rater than cozy I've started to read Mobsters and Lobsters.  Along with Cactus Heat which is more mystery/thriller.  #5 or #6 in the series.

Date Posted: 10/5/2016 9:53 AM ET

Wow! It's like we all disappeared for a spell.  I've read two or three over the last week.

Address to Die For:  finished this one and liked it.  A little slow at first as the MC's family just moved to town, found a dead body in their new house, and then it goes to them settling into their house, getting kids into school, etc. Towards the middle it picks up more. I liked Maggie and her family as even one of the boys helps out solving part of the mystery. I'll be looking out for the next one to see how it goes.

Toasting Up Trouble (Dinner Club Series) by Linda Wiken:  It was okay read. The MC, Jennifer, was border line irritating for me as far as goofiness goes.

The Gauguin Connection: A Genevieve Lenard Novel (Volume 1) :: Estelle Ryan:  finished this one last night on the Kindle. I really liked this book. Started reading and didn't want to put it down.  The MC is Dr. Genevieve Lenard who is borderline on the Autism spectrum according to her which gives her many quirks to her personality. She reads a person's body language and works with computers searching out patterns/connections that others don't see.  The only negative I have to the books is the language used in places. Most of it is really clean with no sex, no language and then you will hit a page or two where a few cuss words are tossed around.  I already had the second book on Kindle so started it last night. Picked up the third one this morning. There are nine total.  The first is free right now I think if you wanted to try it.

Date Posted: 10/5/2016 10:48 AM ET

Cynthia - go to the October thread - everyone is over there.

Date Posted: 10/5/2016 11:28 AM ET

Thank you Jeanne!  Silly me.

Geri (geejay) -
Date Posted: 10/5/2016 2:12 PM ET

Cynthia, I have The Gaugin Collection on my Kindle, plan on reading it in October.

Last Edited on: 10/5/16 2:18 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Page: