Search - List of Books by Sidney D. Kirkpatrick
Sidney D. Kirkpatrick
Total Books: 17
(born 1955) is an award-winning documentary filmmaker and a bestselling historical author. He grew up in Stony Brook, Long Island and attended Kent School, Connecticut, Hampshire College, Massachusetts and New York University.
His documentaries include:
- My Father the President (1982), in which Ethel Derby, second daughter of President Roosevelt, describes her childhood.
His books include:
- A Cast of Killers (pub. 1986), ISBN 978-5-551-54135-6 a non-fiction account of Hollywood director King Vidor's private attempt to solve the William Desmond Taylor murder case.
- Turning the Tide: One Man Against the Medellin Cartel ISBN 978-0-451-40317-9 (with Peter Abrahams), (pub. 1991) a novelized account of a conflict which took place in the Bahamas between drug baron Carlos Lehder and an American professor Richard Novak's investigating hammerhead sharks there.
- Lords of Sipan (pub. 1992), ISBN 978-0-688-10396-5, a non-fiction account of the discovery, looting, and eventual recovery by Dr. Walter Alva of artifacts from the tombs in Sipan, Peru.
- Edgar Cayce: An American Prophet (pub. 2000) ISBN 978-1-57322-896-1 , a biography of Edgar Cayce, the psychic.
- The Revenge of Thomas Eakins (pub. 2006), ISBN 978-0-300-10855-2 a biography of Thomas Eakins, the artist.
- Hitler's Holy Relics: A True Story of Nazi Plunder and the Race to Recover the Crown Jewels of the Holy Roman Empire (pub. 2010), ISBN 978-1-41659-062-0 , a true account of art historian-turned-Army sleuth Walter Horn's WWII investigation of Nazi plunder and Germanic mysticism.