This is a great little book with all the necessary steps to simplify your life. If you're the type of person who wants to know exactly what to do - this is the book for you. This is the book that started me on the road to simple living.
Beautiful, New Copy. his book is not about being a hermit, being cheap, or giving away all your possessions. It's about keeping those things that contribute positively to your life and discarding the rest. Getting to the essence of things if you will.
Most people wear 20% or less of their wardrobe. Why not then give the other 80% to friends and charities and enjoy a clutter free closet where you can easily find what you are looking for?
If you find yourself stressed out going to 10 holiday parties, then try going to only 2 and see how you feel.
I came across this book in 1994, and have gradually employed a lot of the ideas. I've found a few things that I tried that weren't for me, but overall it's been a huge positive in my life. It's great not being choked with possessions and clutter. It's freed up so much time to do volunteer work, exercise more, enjoy the outdoors more, and just to drink my coffee slow in the morning.
This book is fantastic for those who wish their lives to focus on doing and contributing and experiencing, rather than buying, consuming, storing, moving, weeding-through, tripping-over, collecting, and trying to impress.
The more complex life becomes, the more people crave simplicity. Whether it's in your work, relationships, health, finances or leisure time, simplicity expert Elaine St. James can helpyou learn to unwind and improve the quality of your life