2 cups (divided) - Spaghetti Sauce (your favorite kind)
• 1 cup (4 oz) - shredded mozzarella cheese (we like more cheese so I use about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon - salt
1 Tablespoon - onion powder
1 package (8 oz) - Manacotti shells
2 pounds - Ground beef
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place in colander, then rinse under warm, running water. Drain well.
3. Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until brown; drain drippings. Stir in onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup spaghetti sauce and set aside. (I suggest doing concurrently with cooking pasta. I cook the beef on another burner. Stays warmer that way)
4. Reserve ½ cup ground beef mixture. Combine remaining beef mixture with cheese in large bowl. Fill shells with cheese/beef mixture using spoon. (HA! No spoon. Hands. Hold manicotti shells with WHOLE hand wrapped around, or they break. They break REALLY easy – beware!)
5. arrange shells in prepared pan. Combine remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce with reserved beef mixture in small bowl; blend well. Pour over shells. Cover with foil. Bake 20 – 30 min until hot. Garnish as desired.