Stories for Jewish Juniors Author:Doris B. Gold "Stories for Jewish Juniors" is an exciting juvenile collection of 39 lively stories, 18 of which were written especially for this volume. Their varied and unique backgrounds, which include famous historic events in America, will enthrall every boy or girl from 8 to 10 years of age. It is truly a book any child will be able to treasure and read... more » over a period of years.
Selecting her material with great care, Doris B. Gold, a veteran editor, demonstrates unusual skill in keeping the vocabulary of each story within the range of grades 3 to 5. Parents and educators especially, will find the word-lists and reference material provided in the appendix of plus value.
"Stories for Jewish Juniors" profusely illustrated with 70 striking drawings in various media by Irene Burstein, contains five sections giving scope to many facets of Jewish life, past and present:
1. On the Highways of Today--Seven stories about contemporary American Jewish life and its folkways.
2. On the American Road--Seven stories of high adventure about Jews in American History
3. In Long-Ago Country--Nine stories imaginatively retold from legends and folklore of the past.
4. Over Oceans to Israel--Eight stories of Israeli children in its kibbutzim and cities, meeting problems of modern Israel.
5. We Stop for Some Holidays--Eight stories about some important Jewish holidays, with a fresh slant from a child's point of view.« less