Strangers Author:Dean Koontz A terrifying and truly deadly secret---an eternal riddle come to reality---is what the protagonists of this relentlessly gripping novel subconsciously share. Not one of them knows what the secret is, nor do they know each other. All they do know is that a special terror has come to dominate and warp their lives. For each victim the torture is di... more »fferent.
* For Dominick Corvaisis, in Laguna Beach, California, a writer on the verge of his first success, it means compulsive and increasingly dangerous sleepwalking and awakening to cryptic and sinister messages on his word processor.
* For young doctor Ginger Weiss in Boston, it means that unrelated objects---a pair of black gloves worn by a stranger, water swirling down a drain---have the power to send her into sudden blackouts that threaten her surgical career.
* For Father Brendan Cronin in Chicago, an idealistic young curate, it means a precipitate loss of faith one morning when he hurls away the sacred vessels at Mass.
* For Jack Twist in New york, an embittered ex-POW and safecracker par excellence, it means a searing wave of conscience.
* For seven-year-old Marcie Monatella in Las Vegas, it means zombielike trances when she does nothing but draw pictures of a scarlet moon.
* For Ernie Block, ex-Marine motel owner in Elko County, Nevada, it means a new fear of the dark so numbing that the approach of dusk reduces him to cowering paralysis.
These and other Strangers are utterly mystified until a pattern of puzzling clues and tentative contacts begins to surface. What could these disparate individuals have shared that would make powerful and ruthless agents strive so hard to make them forget it? Finding the answer, the Strangers stumble toward one another, leading to a stunning climax that will change their lives forever and provide the reader of this masterfully crafted novel with an experience haunting and unforgettable.« less