Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
Strong Women Eat Well : Nutritional Strategies for a Healthy Body and Mind
Strong Women Eat Well Nutritional Strategies for a Healthy Body and Mind Author:Miriam E. Nelson From the bestselling author of Strong Women, Strong Bones comes the straight story on nutrition for women. — Nutrition is surrounded by controversy and misconceptions, many of them fueled by diets where weight loss-usually temporary weight loss-is the only goal. Strong Women Eat Well tells women everything they need to know to make ... more »the right decisions about eating. Readers will discover:
- easy-to-follow strategies
- why high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets are ineffective
- how to decipher "Nutrition Facts" labels;
- the formula for determining how much protein is needed;
- advice on whether to buy organic;
- what "fat-free" really means on a label;
- the latest word on genetically engineered foods;
- information on dietary supplements; and
- 50-plus delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes.
Dr. Miriam Nelson's previous books have won her more than a million readers-women who want to enhance their health by improving their nutrition. Now, this trusted authority has written a guide explaining how nutrition can work for them and their families-on a daily basis, for the rest of their lives. References. Index.« less
Miriam Nelson has prepared an easy to follow, enjoyable nutritional program. It is one of the few books with actual science backing up what is being written. I am so glad to read that margarine is not good for me, and it's OK to use butter sparingly! Also, finally someone is writing about the high protein/low carb diets as being bad.