I think you need to enter it as a book without an ISBN.
When do you need to Post a book using the Post Books Without an ISBN feature?
- When your book has no ISBN
- When your book has an ISBN, but the ISBN is unknown to the PBS database (has not yet been added by regular updates)
- When your book has an ISBN, but when you type it in on the Post Books page, that ISBN "brings up" another booktype in the database
- Such as the paperback if you have the hardcover, and vice versa
- Such as Large Print when you have the regular-font version
- This happens when the publisher assigns the same ISBN to multiple booktypes.
If your book does not match the listing information (title, author, booktype) in the database for the ISBN on the book, it must be Posted without an ISBN
To post your book without an ISBN:
- First, make sure to look over your book really well
- Sometimes ISBN numbers can be found in unexpected places like the spine
- The back of the book and in the publishing information in the front of the book are the most common places to find an ISBN.
- If your book has no ISBN (or the ISBN you have doesn't work in the system):
- Go to the Post Books page
- From My Account: click the Post Books tab
- From anywhere on the site: place your cursor over My Account on the toolbar at the top of the site and click Post Books in the menu that drops down.
- From your Bookshelf, click the link "Post Books" at the top of the page, in the yellow bar.
- On the Post Books page:
- Click the "Post a Book without an ISBN" link at the top of the page, in the yellow bar.
- Enter the information about the book in the form that comes up:
- Mandatory information includes: title, author, book dimensions, Subject (genre), booktype
- Optional information includes: Large Print, Homeschool, Publisher, # pages, Back cover Description (synopsis of the book content), Book Cover image.
- Your Book Cover Image needs to be less than 5 MB in size, and in .jpg format.
When you are done, your book will be listed in the database with a customized listing that has a "short ISBN" or "PBS ISBN", which is the 5 or 6 digit number that PBS assigns in place of the ISBN to keep track of the book in the system.