|Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.|
THINGS I DIDN'T LEARN IN HEBREW SCHOOL
1. The High Holidays have absolutely nothing to do with marijuana.
2. Where there's smoke, there may be salmon.
3. No meal is complete without leftovers.
4. According to Jewish dietary law, pork and shellfish may be eaten only in Chinese restaurants.
5. A shmata is a dress that your husband's ex-wife is wearing.
6. You need ten men for a minyan, but only four in polyester pants and white shoes for bowls.
7. One mitzvah can change the world; two will just make you tired.
8. After the destruction of the Second temple, God created the shopping mall.
9. Anything worth saying is worth repeating a thousand times.
10. Never take a front row seat at a Bris.
11. Next year in Jerusalem . And the year after that? How about a nice cruise?
12. Never leave a restaurant empty-handed.
13. Spring ahead, fall back, winters in Boca.
14. Most guests leave and never say good bye; Jews say good bye and never leave.
15. Always whisper the names of diseases.
16. If it tastes good, it's probably not kosher.
17. The important Jewish holidays are the ones on which alternate-side of the street parking is suspended
18. Without Jewish mothers, who would need therapy?
19. If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it. But if you can afford it, make sure to tell everybody what you paid.
20. Laugh now, but one day you'll be driving a Lexus and eating dinner at 4:00 PM in Florida or Surfers Paradise, etc.
SIGNS ON SYNAGOGUE BULLETIN BOARDS:
1. Under same management for over 5763 years.
2. Don't give up. Moses was once a basket case.
3. What part of 'Thou shalt not' don't you understand?
OTHER JEWISH SCHTICK
4 . Shul committees should be made up of three members, two of whom should be absent at every meeting.
5. Sign over the urinal in a bathroom at Hebrew University : 'The future of the Jewish people is in your hands.'
6. My mother is a typical Jewish mother. Once she was on jury duty. They sent her home. She insisted SHE was guilty.
7. Any time a person goes into a delicatessen and orders a pastrami on white bread, somewhere a Jew dies.
8. It was mealtime during a flight on El Al. 'Would you like dinner?,' the flight attendant asked Moshe, seated in front. 'What are my choices?,' Moshe asked. 'Yes or no,' she replied
9. An elderly Jewish man is knocked down by a car and is brought to the local hospital. A pretty nurse tucks him into bed and says, 'Mr. Gevarter, are you comfortable?' Gevarter replies, 'I make a nice living.'
10. A rabbi was opening his mail one morning. Taking a single sheet of paper from an envelope he found written on it only one word: 'shmuck.' At the next Friday night service, the Rabbi announced, 'I have known many people who have written letters and forgot to sign their names, but this week I received a letter from someone who signed his name and forgot to write a letter.
11. Three Jewish women get together for lunch.. As they are being seated in the restaurant, one takes a deep breath and gives a long, slow 'oy.' The second takes a deep breath as well and lets out a long, slow 'oy.' The third takes a deep breath and says impatiently, 'Girls, I thought we agreed that we weren't going to talk about our children.'
12. And one final favorite: A waiter comes over to a table full of Jewish women and asks, 'Is anything all right?