Friend's Email: Subject:I have found a book that I think you would enjoy
The Ten Commandments of Character : Essential Advice for Living an Honorable, Ethical, Honest Life
The Ten Commandments of Character Essential Advice for Living an Honorable Ethical Honest Life Author:Joseph Rabbi Telushkin Here is a wealth of astute and warmhearted counsel on many of life’s most difficult ethical dilemmas. Joseph Telushkin outlines his ten commandments of character, explaining why each one is so vital, and then addresses perplexing issues that can and often do crop up in our lives relating to family, friends, work, community, medical ethics,... more » and money, such as:
• How honest should you be when you are asked to give a reference?
• How much assistance should you give your son with his college application essay?
• Is it wrong to receive a kidney from an executed prisoner in China?
• What should you do if your father begs you to end his life rather than allow him to descend into the hell of Alzheimer’s?
• Should a brother give up part of his inheritance if his sister has children and considerable expenses and he doesn’t?
• Should a dying woman reveal to her husband that their son is not really his?
Many of us are finding it increasingly hard to tread the fine line between right and wrong. In The Ten Commandments of Character, Telushkin faces these issues squarely and shows us how to live a life of true integrity.
“At a time when so many people are looking for moral guidance, we are lucky to have Joseph Telushkin as our guide and teacher. I am thoroughly impressed by his wisdom and good sense.”—Rabbi Harold Kushner, author of When Bad Things Happen to Good People« less