Skip to main content
PBS logo

Search - Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1)

Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1)
Thread of Fear - Glass Sisters, Bk 1
Author: Laura Griffin
Forensic artist Fiona Glass is the best in the business -- which is precisely why she's quitting. Her skill at mining victims' memories to re-create the faces of sadistic criminals has left her haunted and wary, and only Jack Bowman's dogged persistence convinces her to help him. The rugged police chief is hunting a serial killer who...  more »
Info icon
The Market's bargain prices are even better for Paperbackswap club members!
Retail Price: $9.99
Buy New (Mass Market Paperback): $9.70 (save 2%) or
Become a PBS member and pay $5.80+1 PBS book credit Help icon(save 41%)
ISBN-13: 9781416570639
ISBN-10: 1416570632
Publication Date: 9/30/2008
Pages: 336
Rating:
  • Currently 4/5 Stars.

4 stars, based on 99 ratings
Publisher: Pocket Star
Book Type: Mass Market Paperback
Reviews: Member | Amazon | Write a Review

Top Member Book Reviews

beck-caldwell avatar reviewed Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1) on + 7 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 10
I've never written a review but I felt so strongly about this book that I decided to make it my first! I fell in love with Jack Bowman, the chief of police in a small town in Texas. He needed Fiona to help him solve the case he was working on but it wasn't long until he realized he needed her in every other way, too. Fiona is the best forensic artist in the business yet she is considering laying it down due to the occupational stress. She initially tells Jack no, but he is very persistent and she eventually agrees to help him. When the killer escalates and Fiona is placed into danger, Jack regrets his eagerness to involve her. Their love story is stretched the entire length of the story ... their feelings for one another increasing at a slow, realistic pace. I cannot say enough yet I cannot put it into words adequately. I am looking for anything else written by Ms. Griffin. I hope I am not disappointed!
reviewed Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1) on + 21 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 3
Excellent book. Well developed characters and plot.
reviewed Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1) on
Helpful Score: 3
An excellent Romantic Suspense/Thriller! Griffin is a wonderfully evocative writer with characters you really care about. I read her books over and over again!
barbsis avatar reviewed Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1) on + 1076 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 2
Forensic artist Fiona Glass draws the faces of criminals based on careful interrogation of witnesses. She is drawn into a serial killer case in Texas by Jack Bowman, chief of police in some small hick town. Fiona feels greatly for one witness a 10 year old boy whose sister has been abducted from their home. When the 10 year old boy is kidnapped as well, Fiona happens to be there and follows the truck. Luckily she has a cell phone and is able to call Jack for assistance.
reviewed Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1) on + 146 more book reviews
Helpful Score: 1
The science of Forensic Artist is very new and very interesting. I thought this book was good. Jack is a great leading man, there was nothing that I did not like about him.

Fiona is good but flawed, I would like to learn a little more about her life growing up.

This story is fast-paced and it kept my attention. I think I read it in 2 days.
Read All 9 Book Reviews of "Thread of Fear Glass Sisters Bk 1"

Please Log in to Rate these Book Reviews

reviewed Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1) on + 84 more book reviews
Riveting. Could not put down. Characters were easy to root for and genuine. Good mystery. I generally can figure the mysteries out fairly early in books, but this one kept me guessing.
my2luvsemmyandmally avatar reviewed Thread of Fear (Glass Sisters, Bk 1) on + 758 more book reviews
Very good book!

Genres:

TagsBk 1